Vice President Operations, Shared Services Cigna HealthSpring (Operations Sr. Director)The Vice President of Operations will lead a team of Operational Directors who are responsible for managing all core transactional services for Cigna HealthSpring, ensuring the highest levels of service delivery to both our Customers and Providers (roughly 1600 FTE’s in the organization). This role will lead our Customer & Provider Installation, Claim Processing, Customer/Provider Call Centers, Clinical Transactions (both medical and pharmacy), Operational Intelligence and Operational Effectiveness (for Shared Services). In addition, this leader will be tasked with managing both internal and external relationships with the Senior Leadership Team, Market Leadership and Providers to ensure service delivery is aligned with our long term organizational strategy. The role is responsible for improving the overall customer/provider experience and for delivering key operational outcomes.
Establish and manage the customer and provider service strategies in coordination with the broader organization, particularly our market-based Network Operations. Drive effective Change Leadership practices to provide the proper amount of support to our teams, and leading their transition to the future service model.
Execute on key operational outcomes to ensure customer, provider and regulatory expectations met/exceeded in an innovative and effective fashion.
· Lead the client and customer service experience to provide a service that is aligned with our Senior Segment Strategies.
Establish (in partnership with Operating Effectiveness) an outcomes-based, partner-centric Quality and Audit program for all functional areas.
Influence the overall business plan for transactional services, working with partners to drive a strategy which allows local flavor to our approach while leveraging the size and ability of the larger service organization.
· Understand and share business controls and information across Transactional Services; ensure that there is clear understanding and ownership of key scorecard measurements as well as of total quality measures and initiatives.
Build and implement a development strategy – allowing our organization to hire, train and promote employees with great flexibility and adaptability – driving employee engagement, performance and development.
Develop, implement and manage the adoption of controls that allow the organization to quickly identify trends and potential issues and address them in a timely manner.
Develop relationships with market leadership, network operations, marketing and product partners, and influence the sales and implementation strategy.
Motivate and develop teams through ongoing organizational and industry change – developing and aligning with strategies of the future.
Work with matrix management on escalated issues and issue resolution. Remove barriers to ensure customer and provider escalations are handled timely and accurately.
· Bachelor’s degree required – Masters preferred
· 8+ years’ experience in a heavily regulated healthcare operational leadership position with Client, Claim or Member Services, with a focus on driving customer satisfaction and performance in a service environment required.
· Experience managing a diverse group of functional areas is preferred.
· 5+ years of direct management within a customer/client service environment with strong performance and quality metrics required.
· Experience in managing external vendors as well as starting new vendor engagements is preferred.
· Proven ability to build relationships and influence strategy with matrix partners.
· Business Acumen: Thorough understanding of healthcare products, services & processes in a service center environment from the customer, client, claim and CIGNA Strategy perspectives.
· Business Application: Ability to develop and drive business plans around national / regional and emerging local operations
· Able to effectively leverage business and organizational knowledge within and across functions. .
· Written Communications: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven track record of relationship building and management skills within and across organizations. Able to coach direct reports to improved levels of performance.
· Experience in expense management with ability to understand service center-level and customer impacts.
· Willing to travel 25-50% within the US.