Responsibilitles / Qualifications:
Serves as the Administrative Executive for the identified areas and Service Lines to develop and enforce policies and procedures, to operationalize budgetary decisions for areas of responsibility and participate in strategic planning for the Hospital.
Primary functions of the role are (1) serve as a co-chair in the management and leadership of the Service Line
(2) work directly with Department and Medical Director(s) and others to position the Service Line as a center of excellence
(3) work directly with Department Directors to provide leadership and guidance in planning, organizing, directing, controlling, staffing, and evaluating each Department
(4) oversee the implementation of the Hospital’s philosophy, goals, and objectives
(5) establish standards for clinical and management competency and
(6) represent the areas of responsibility in the strategic planning process. (7) Oversee the community Performance Excellence and continuous improvement responsibilities. This will include coaching and mentoring Executive leadership in Hospital and Clinics on overall LEAN deployment, development of lean training materials and programs and growth of lean transformation specialists.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry’s “body”, working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you’ll bring with you: