Vice President of Operations, Las Vegas Ballpark The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder. We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Vice President of Operations, Las Vegas Ballpark will be responsible for representing the landlord in the management of all of the stadiums front and back of the house operations in addition to guiding business operations, non-baseball event programming, the creation of new events, advertising, marketing and the development of new revenue opportunities for the Las Vegas Ballpark. The Vice President shall direct and oversee all day-to-day business operations and perform all required duties to ensure the stadium exceeds annual financial goals and objectives. The incumbent will provide routine reporting on the ongoing progress and business affairs of the Las Vegas Ballpark.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the effective management and efficient operation of all functional areas of the Las Vegas Ballpark.
- Act on behalf of the Landlord to manage the tenant relationship with the Summerlin Las Vegas Baseball Club, LLC.
- Increase utilization of the stadium and drive revenue; establish and secure programming and events consistent with agreed-to goals/objectives.
- Assist in the Annual Operating/Capital/Event Budgeting process.
- Manage flawless, efficient operation and event logistics of the stadium on load-in days, event day and load out days ensuring smooth coordination and minimal disruption with other tenants and operations.
- Assist in leading and managing the non-baseball Event Operations PT Staff. Staff will be required for changeover, maintenance and operations of the stadium and other areas of Downtown Summerlin.
- Identify, recruit,contract and manage partners andcontractors for:
- PT Event Staff (Maintenance, Janitorial, Security, Guest Services, Box Office)
- Production Companies (Promoters, Local 1 Stagehands and production companies)
- Food and Beverage, Concessions and Merchandise Companies
- Develop an Operations Plan, Change-Over Plan, Event Manual (for Event Staff) as well as create a “Tech Package” for promoters, clients, etc.
- Develop creative and fiscally responsible ways to load in/out specific event items (ie. Umbrellas, canopies, tents, production elements, etc.).
- Seamless coordination with the HHC Event Sales/Marketing/Operations Team, Promoters and Clients.
- Ensure programming is in sync with retail and restaurant partners and overall vision for Las Vegas Ballpark.
- Work with the HHC Event Sales Team to research venues of similar size and scope and establish a rate card for Las Vegas Ballpark.
- Assist in the contract preparation, event estimating, inspections and execution for all Events.
- Assist in the booking of the Venue, constantly looking for ideas, events and clients.
- Assist in the weekly, monthly and annual P&L (profit and loss) statement and assist in Event settlements.
- Foster positive relations with community stakeholders to create/maintain a positive image of the Las Vegas Ballpark as a “gem” in the community and work collaboratively with stakeholders toward common goals.
- Continuously improve services and the customer experience, and achieve process improvements and efficiencies.
- Assist in the preparation of the Security and Emergency Management Plan.
- Build and maintain effective Board relations; provide honest and trusted information, analysis and updates to the Board.
- Prepare policies and procedures for day-to-day operations as well as event days that are in line with the HHC overall policies and procedures.
- Utilize positive human resources policies and practices that encourage employee engagement to work at the best of their abilities by providing opportunities for professional and personal development.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 7 years professional experience as a Director of Operations or Administration in the fields of hospitality, venue/rink or arena management or entertainment and programming management.
- The successful candidatewill have:
- The highest level of Venue Management Skills
- Contacts within the Events, Entertainment and Facility Operations Industry
- Ability to manage relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability as entrepreneurial, motivated and motivating leader.
- Proven track record in successful events, entertainment and venue management.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Construction, Operations, Stadiums, Arenas, Events and Entertainment Industries.
- Experience in managing salaried staff, hourly casual employees and union personnel.
- Ability to work in a complex operating environment as part of a dispersed, ambitious management team working to high standards and tight deadlines.
- Experience in working on pre-opening planning.
- Experience in eventbudgeting.
- Availability to work extended hours, weekends, nights, holidays, etc. in the ever-changing Event business.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success.