HealthEquity provides a solution to an issue of growing importance to American families: affording lifelong health care. More than two million members are paying less for health insurance, taking control of medical bills and building health savings for life with HealthEquity health savings accounts (HSAs). Our expert advisors, who are available every hour of every day, offer helpful insight to maximize savings. Health plans and employers covering one-third of working Americans offer HealthEquity. Joining HealthEquity’s ecosystem and further engaging members are leading consumer health applications, in areas such as price transparency, tele-medicine, and wellness. As of July 2014, members have amassed nearly $2 billion in their HealthEquity HSAs. Based in Draper, Utah, HealthEquity is a public company whose stock is traded under the symbol HQY.
HealthEquity’s leadership and 450+ team members embrace a unique culture symbolized by the purple in the Company’s logo. Being “purple” means standing out from the crowd by going above and beyond to help others, including fellow team members, members, business partners, and the community. To keep its culture strong in the face of rapid growth, HealthEquity has a deliberate strategy to develop talented team members for promotion. About 40% of new positions at HealthEquity are filled by existing team members and another 30% from team member referrals.
What you’ll be doing
You will be reporting to the Executive Vice President for Operations and lead back office operations such as financial operations, billing, card and fulfillment, claims and Reimbursement Account configuration.
You will provide strategic vision and direction to the operations function to deliver:
- Remarkable ‘purple’ service to internal and external customers, embracing the feedback provided as a basis for evaluating quality and determining opportunities for investment to maintain and enhance customer loyalty.
- Predictable operating results. Consistently meeting service level and other commitments as set forth in the Company’s contractual obligations.
- Continuous, sustainable efficiency improvement through investments in customer self-service, automation, process engineering, strategic in/outsourcing and other strategies.
- A strong talent pool, first and foremost by fostering career development opportunities for existing team members, and where needed by recruiting new team members with valuable skills, knowledge and expertise.
- Risk management, through a strong operational controls environment and processes that adhere to internal policies.
It is essential that the VP of Operations partner closely with HealthEquity team members to execute on Company goals and initiatives, as an advocate for both their team and the success of HealthEquity. Experience in a rapidly growing organization is highly valuable.
What you will need to be successful
- At least seven years of leadership in a complex operational organization, with success demonstrated by increasing levels of responsibility over time.
- Leadership skills, including written and oral communications, relationship building, conflict resolution, interpersonal, presentation skills.
- Mentoring expertise, development of high-performance managers and contributors in an operations organization, and succession planning.
- Industry experience in financial and retirement services, healthcare, insurance and/or benefits administration is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision to save healthcare. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.