During the externship, the extern will be paired with a mentor (Chief Operations Officer) and will focus on strategic planning, operational improvement, integration and business development as the method of preparing for leadership roles in the organization. The extern will be expected to lead key projects across all CMC facilities, have one or more departments report up to them and attend senior leadership meetings including Corporate Operations and Extended Leadership.
Upon successful completion of the program, the extern will be "on deck" for the position they have prepared for during the externship program.
- Establishes short and long-range management, organizational, operational, and financial plans to support Community Medical Centers' values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a business/management approach to track, monitor, communicate and achieve established goals and targets for assigned areas. Reports regular on performance with corrective strategies as needed.
- Leads and drives operational improvements for patient experience and staff/ physician relations, while increasing revenues and reducing costs.
- Is accountable for a comprehensive and effective communication strategy within assigned areas that promotes a common understanding of the market, vision, strategy, and accountabilities.
- Promotes a culture of two-way communication and creates opportunities for physician/staff participation.
- Develops, inspires, and maintains an effective, visible, and well-respected team by selecting, evaluating, developing, coaching, and managing the performance of qualified professionals.
- Represent the organization at meetings and functions and commit Community Medical Centers to specific actions
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a clinical area such as Nursing.
- Master's degree must be completed by the end of the 2rd year in the role
- Experience with hospital operations at a director level