The Vice President, Oncology Services is a key partner and administrator of the executive management team and is broadly accountable for the success of all aspects of the operations and programmatic development of the Oncology Program at specific locations in the Northern Region. VP, Oncology leads all facility specific outpatient clinical operations, serving as a primary member of the hospitals' executive teams and RCINJ/RWJBH Administrative Leadership Collaborative. The VP, Oncology Services provides leadership in such functions, including but not limited to: oncology business development, clinic operations, budgeting and finance, nursing, social work, pharmacy, recruitment and managed care and contracting. The VP, Oncology Services engages in strategic planning for oncology programs and associated departments at Jersey City, Clara Maass, Rahway and NBI and coordinates related activities at the specific outpatient facilities and interacts with VPs, AVPs and Directors of Oncology Services at other facilities across the RCINJ/RWJBH Oncology Network.
- Working with the RWJBH System VP of Strategy, Oncology Services; Medical Director of Oncology Services; Chief Surgical Officer RCINJ; Hospital Chief Executive Officers; Chief Operations Officers; Chief Medical Officers and Chief Financial Officers and working through the Quarterly Oncology Operations Committee and other hospital leadership committees, plans, directs, conducts and implements clinic operational and business activities of the Cancer Center and related support areas at the specific facilities assigned.
- Provide oversight to outpatient clinic operations. Provide support to outpatient physicians and clinic staff on staffing, budgeting, and logistical issues. Work with clinic staff to provide an environment conducive to positive customer service, with the goal of creating the ideal patient experience.
- Oversees, monitors and ensures that the Oncology Outpatient Program maintains compliance with statutory and regulatory guidelines, and maintains required certifications and licensures for overall operations and operational compliance.
- Works with other oncology and hospital executive team members to develop strategies that measure and enhance the productivity and financial performance of clinical services.
- Maintain accurate and timely dashboard data for all clinical service line metrics, physician performance, etc.
- Participate in alternative payment programs where applicable, such as the oncology medical home and/or episodes of care, meeting reporting and metric requirements regarding EHRs, patient access and care coordination.
- Works with the Chief Financial Officer and Operating Officer to analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives; conducts return on investment (ROI) analyses; oversees development of business plans for all programmatic areas; provides related results to Departmental and Divisional and Sectional Leaders.
- Ensures and coordinates the preparation of annual capital and operating budgets with the System VP of Strategy, Oncology Services and the hospital Chief Financial Officers. Monitors departments for adherence to budgets and takes necessary action to correct significant variances.
- Works collaboratively with RWJBH administration to facilitate optimal integration and coordination of RCINJ outpatient services with hospital based and inpatient oncology services.
- Assists the Medical Staff, in collaboration with the Medical Director of Oncology Services, Chief Surgical Officer, CINJ and hospital Chief Medical Officers, in fulfilling its responsibilities and resolving medical/administrative conflicts.
- Assists with the development and management of short- and long-range strategic clinic and business plans for the specific outpatient centers where assigned.
- Monitors, evaluates and makes recommendations relative to regulations, population/demographic trends, competition and other developments influencing healthcare generally and oncologic services specifically in the region the facility serves.
- Oversees the development and implementation of all clinical operation policies and procedures; ensures that these policies are uniformly understood, properly interpreted, and administered. Maintains compliance with regulatory policies, procedures and guidelines and consistency with other Administrative and Clinical Operations at other outpatient facilities across the RCINJ/RWJBH Cancer Network.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates management reporting systems for all outpatient services.
- Responsible for, in conjunction with the System VP Strategy, Oncology Services, the preparation of a quarterly report on activities of the Cancer Centers.
- Provides periodic reports to the Executive Leadership Committees on the activities of the outpatient facility pertaining to federal, state, county, and municipal developments that may affect health care delivery in the region served by that facility.
- Ensures administrative compliance with RWJBH personnel policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of all outpatient oncology space; ensures that clinic equipment is maintained in optimal condition.
- Master's degree in Business, Healthcare or Nursing.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of outpatient clinical management experience in a senior-level role within a healthcare setting, preferably an academic cancer center.
- Outstanding human relations and leadership skills, and the ability to influence others while functioning in a team environment required.
- Demonstrated knowledge is necessary of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment