The Vice President, Worldwide Operations has life cycle responsibility for Symmetry Surgical's product management value chain comprised of global sourcing, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and customer services. The Vice President will also lead operations due diligence activities and oversee integration activities related to acquisitions.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President provides input into the strategic and operational planning activities and assists Symmetry's leadership in developing the overall manufacturing strategy and appropriate milestones including potential outsourcing opportunities. This role acts as an ardent advocate of COGS reduction efforts and quality improvement via product, manufacturing processes and supply chain improvements within Symmetry Surgical's value chain.
This role requires the analysis of broad and complex issues and the formulation and execution of strategies to ensure that deadlines and priorities for product delivery to customers are met in a cost effective and efficient manner.
This role must define a people-process-technology short/medium term roadmap for accelerating the performance of each operation in the product value chain supported through consistent standardized metrics and scorecards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define operational strategies, fiscal operating plans and budgets, departmental objectives and goals. Measure outcomes and follows the appraisal cycle.
- Meet financial targets including but not limited to operating income, COGS margin, inventory, return on capital and growth.
- Determine departmental staffing requirements as part of the operational planning and budgeting cycle.
- Direct the company's product line operations to achieve optimal performance, quality and cost. Initiate advanced operational programs in anticipation of the business environment.
- Lead the development, acquisition and validation of new processes for sourcing, manufacturing, procurement, warehousing, distribution and customer service to meet business objectives.
- Manage significant outsourced operations.
- Engage with sales as a partner in serving end customers.
- Direct through subordinates the consistent application of all policies, procedures and operational aspects of the distribution center and call center.
- Ensure timely and cost efficient delivery of inventory and finished goods. Utilize systems to monitor and accurately track inventory through the distribution chain and identify and resolve issues. Manage inventory control, shipping and receiving, warehouse operations and maintenance of fleet, equipment and facilities.
- Identify and comprehensively addresses any/all operational problems.
- Migrate the organization toward a new 'total customer satisfaction' metric (e.g., on time delivery, perfect order) within all operational teams.
- Provide effective leadership and support, motivate and engage, and direct and retain a high caliber operational team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field, mechanical engineering preferred.
- Master’s degree in technical or business area desirable.
- Proven leadership skills and supervision of large work groups.
- Proven track record of performance within a manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibility with at least 15+ years direct manufacturing experience.
- Minimum Class 2 medical device experience with experience in ISO and FDA regulations.