Vice President of Water Technology
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
The Field VP Water Technology leads the organization to deliver and support a quality product and maximize efficiencies. They support and drives the relationship with the manufacturer and supporting water vendors and efforts to drive continuous product improvement and cost control. Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders and executives to set strategic direction as well as long/short term goals and objectives. Incumbent also utilizes a full understanding of the business and industry to manage the commercialization of assigned products, providing program oversight to ensure successful and effective implementation of the product line within Fresenius Kidney Care. Works with FKC leadership to assess market needs, provide accurate installation projections, recognize opportunities for maximizing product potential, and clarifying brand mission, vision and long term goals within Fresenius Kidney Care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversees the activities of the Director of Installation and Support to assure that materials requirements and needs are met to assure smooth and efficient installation of systems. In part:
- Monitor logistics planning with Installation Managers, RECS Project Managers, General Contractors and Vendors.
- Monitors pre-installation on-site review with Installation Managers, RECS Project Managers, General Contractors, and Vendors, of installation drawings and plans regarding utilities and equipment placement prior to start of work and upon completion of work.
- Monitors installation audits for compliance with accepted practice and manufacturer’s standards as provided.
- Assures that all installation and service documentation meets regulatory requirements.
Oversees the activities of the Director of Technology and Support in developing product support infrastructure and training capabilities. In part:
- Responsible for assuring accurate German/English translation of product materials/requirements for the US market.
- Develops and maintains a system for managing spare parts and specialized tool inventory.
- Supports Water Technology/Fresenius Kidney Care installation and training initiatives for cross training on roles and responsibilities, and assuming tasks for those roles as needed. Coordinates training of new installation teams, vendors and project managers.
- Reviews the Technical Education Manager’s efforts in keep training materials current. The incumbent collaborates with cross-divisional team subject matter experts (SME’s) to ensure classes reflect current training requirements of all applicable devices. Assures that all Quality Assurance Managers and Technical Education Managers are compliant with cross training in functional roles. Coordinates other training resources to support the needs of national training efforts.
- Developing, executing and communicating overall product information within Fresenius Kidney Care.
- Works with Water Technology and other ancillary water device manufacturers to improve product reliability, cost control, and innovative technologies.
- Works directly with RECS to assure proper configuration of water rooms.
- Reviews currency of software and configuration control on new and existing installations.
- Reviews document control of installation, repair, and maintenance protocols.
- Develops and monitors KPI and quality indicators for product line.
- Supports the verification and/or validation of technical procedures, computer systems, and equipment as required.
- Supports the incorporation of policies and procedures developed by Biomedical Support Services or Clinical Services.
- Recommends updates and changes to policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures education of the appropriate personnel regarding the integrity and safety of facility water systems.
- Utilizes expertise and current knowledge regarding new equipment and best practices, to provide recommendations to Technical Services leadership regarding the development of new technical training tools, efficient and effective use of resources, and ensuring the training programs contribute to meeting the department’s long term and short term goals and objectives.
- Participates in Fresenius Kidney Care and Group specific employee satisfaction and recognition programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of an office setting with frequent visits to health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels and construction sites. There may be some potential exposure to chemicals and infectious materials.
- Director of Technology and Support and teams
- Director of Installation and Logistics and teams
- BA/BS Degree or higher in Electronics, Bio-Medical Engineering, or Business Management or equivalent education and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 10 years related experience.
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Dialysis Field or related water treatment experience.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management, and decision making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Effective presentation skills.
- Requires extensive and skillful use of computer software including Microsoft Office applications.
Job ID 17000IMJ