$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Position SummaryThe Vice President of Technology Services will be responsible for the Gundersen Health System's standards of care, leading professional standards activity to ensure operational excellence. The Vice President works to accomplish the objectives and outcomes as identified on the organization's strategic plan both broadly and specifically. The Vice President plans, directs, and coordinates implementation, design, and maintenance of the technical architecture for all information systems and productivity platforms used to improve operations at Gundersen Health System. Management includes data centers, networks, compute, servers, data base, cloud platform, PACS and mobility. Provides input to strategic decisions and resolves escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
• Responsible for the IT infrastructure, Clinical Engineering, IS customer service support to include help desk and desktop installations for the entire enterprise.
• Participate as a member of the senior IT management team in governance processes of the organization's architecture, infrastructure and telecommunications.
• Collaborate with business and clinical operational leaders to develop and maintain a short and long term technology plan that supports organizational needs.
• Ensures an alignment of IT infrastructure strategy and planning with institution's business goals.
• Long-term strategic responsibility for lifecycle planning of technology platforms and systems.
• Identification of innovations that can be applied to business strategy.
Strategic Relevance -- Summary To advance its position as an innovator and leading health care system, Gundersen Lutheran Health System (GLHS) must continue to demonstrate superior outcomes, provide seamless delivery of care, and ensure competitive cost structures. It must also stay at the cutting edge of emerging technologies and new delivery models that will transform healthcare. The System must anticipate and respond effectively to evolving market and environmental trends, (e.g., shifts in payment models, value based purchasing, transparency of outcomes and information technology) that will impact the delivery of health care services.
The Vice President is responsible for proactively identifying these forces and trends, for anticipating their impact on GLHS, for ensuring effective response from their AOR (area-of-responsibility and for influencing the System as a whole. The Vice President collaborates with senior management and others to establish and achieve GLHS' strategic mission and goals: 1) demonstrate superior quality and safety through the eyes of patients and caregivers; 2) demonstrate superior service through the eyes of patients and colleagues; 3) attract, develop and retain a talented and engaged workforce; 4) demonstrate affordability of care; and 5) achieve programmatic growth. The Vice President ensures alignment across System strategies and AOR management and staff.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17