Summary of VP of Technology Role:
The VP of Technology is a newly created position for Delta Fuel and is a key leadership role to support the Companys fast growth. The position will lead the information and systems technology efforts that support the strategic growth goals. You will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of the Companys technology vision and roadmap, ensuring alignment with the overarching organizational goals. You will provide hands on oversight of all technology initiatives and play an integral role in business process development, automation, and alignment within the Marketer and serve as a partner with the CEO, COO, CFO, and Director of Sales. This role reports to the COO and will be located in the Ferriday, LA headquarters and travel as needed.
As the VP of Technology you are the primary point of contact and support for the organization's implementation of new software and technology platforms to support all business functions with a key immediate focus on back office and infrastructure. This position will also play a key role in the internet, intranet and external interfaces that the organization has with its vendors and customers and will also manage those relationships.
In this Hands on Role you ensure maximum uptime and stability in the Companys computer systems and networks. The essence of the role is technology leadership, and the VP of Technology must be able to rally the troops around the technology plan and change management adoption path for the company, especially for upgrades and system changes.
You will have led large scale systems and back office implementation and integration projects, meeting deadlines and budgets. You have the keen ability to work effectively across the entire organization at all levels. You are a high performer with a strong technical aptitude, growth mindset and ability to thrive in in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Technical Capability
- Strategic Thinking
- Implementation and project management skills
- Communication Proficiency
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degreepreferred
- Ten or more years of experience managing an information systems department in a medium or large size firm
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry (could come from security, technology, utilities, transportation, oil and gas services or other related industries)
- Proven expertise in building and or implementing major back office systems like SAP, Firestream (PDI), Microsoft Dynamics or open systems
- Expertise in internal information platforms, particularly SharePoint
- Experience in building and deploying engaging and effective company we presence with integrated capabilities such as on-line ordering
- Excellent project management skills and problem solving ability
- Track record of collaborating across all levels and functions within the organization, building confidence and ensuring constant executive support from your peers
- Superior customer service attitude to support co-workers, management, customers and others to deliver solutions in a courteous and professional manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements a comprehensive, information systems to ensure both internal and external users? needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements
- Develops, tracks, and controls the information technology annual operating and capital budgets, which includes tightly managing expenditures to the budget process and approved budgets
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives; reviews formulation of project definitions showing project objectives, information system requirements, and analytical and programming personnel requirements of proposed systems
- Coordinates and facilitates consultation with stakeholders to define systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Evaluates needs for new software and hardware, determines usefulness and compatibility with existing systems and coordinates installation
- Continuously looks at enhancements and improvement in IT with and aim to streamline the end user experience
- Implements capabilities and processes to protect the Company from hacking, ransomware and othertechnologyrisks
- Contract with management specialists, technical personnel, or vendors to solve problems. Responsible for the Companys disaster recovery plan
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases. Negotiates with vendors on behalf of the company to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions
- Improves existing software programs and develops new applications to meet future business needs
- Ensures hardware and software is maintained and data is secured through proper back-ups and staff training
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, pertaining to current usage of all technological equipment and the flow of information inside equipment as well as back and forth between equipment
Delta Fuels, headquartered in Ferriday, LA is a privately held family owned multifunctional organization supplying bulk fuel, lubricants, and supplies to a diverse customer base throughout the Southeast. We are extremely proud of our 50+ years of growth with a heavy emphasis on the company values of honesty, integrity, work ethic, and discipline and joint employee and owner accountability.
Delta Fuels owners believe in creating an environment where employees enjoy working with each other, where respect is commonplace, and success and results are driven through employee accountability. Their employees resourcefulness and resilience and entrepreneurial spirit consistently drives the company forward to unprecedented growth.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITY
This position offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with a big growth vision in a visible position that is viewed as a major investment in the company's future. Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
The Company offers an opportunity for personal and professional development and a highly competitive Compensation and Benefits Package which includes:
Salary plus Bonus