Vice President of Technology
We’re looking to add an experienced Vice President of Technology who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining key functions within Everspring's Technology domain. This position will oversee the design, development and implementation of our Infrastructure, DevOps, Support Processes, and Security Program. In addition, you’ll leverage your background in software delivery to serve as SME to the Product Dev Teams.
The ideal candidate has a multi-functional background in Information Technology, inspirational leadership abilities, and the technical know-how to roll up their sleeves in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for someone that understands enterprise platforms but can also embrace and push forward solutions built on emerging technologies. We’re looking for passion, we’re looking for grit, and we’re looking for someone that can lead the development of a high performing team and enjoys having direct accountability for generating results.
This position will report to the Sr. Vice President of Technology and is located in downtown Chicago, IL.
- In partnership with the SVP of Technology, provide thought leadership to drive strategy and innovation across the organization.
- Engage with business leaders and clients to understand needs and translate into technology driven solutions.
- Oversee and drive the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and monitoring of Everspring's Security Program ensuring all systems, processes, and policies are updated and targeted to maximize the security of our data and IP.
- Manage all aspects of Everspring’s IT Infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud,
and serve as the key Architect to drive solutions based on cost, security, and efficiency.
- Partner with the Analytics team to build a robust data architecture to quickly drive more intelligent business decisions across the organization.
- Manage the Development Operations function within the technology team, working closely with the development manager to introduce new cloud-based tools and systems to efficiently deploy, monitor, and test applications.
- Conduct resource planning and work prioritization in an Agile fashion, responding to stakeholder needs.
- Manage Everspring’s technology support functions for both internal employees and external customers; Streamline existing processes, introduce new tools, and work closely with the support team to maximize efficiency and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Align infrastructure, security, development, and support objectives and programs to business objectives & strategies.
- Develop the annual Technology budget with the SVP of Technology and ensure actual results meet or exceed budget requirements and other key performance indicators.
- Continue to drive excellence in a high-performing technology team, including recruiting, performance management and professional development.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a Technology leader with 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years of progressive technology leadership, specifically managing both software and hardware teams and experience in Cloud platforms and Security Architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical degree
- Must be well versed in all aspects of software, hardware, networking, and cloud-based solutions
- Experience with service-oriented & microservices based architecture for cloud-based solutions
- Successful track record of security design/architecture reviews, code reviews, and managing an enterprise level cloud-based technology infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting)
- Executive level communication and leadership skills
- Experience in data technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, etc.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter that gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and digging into the work
- Proven track record of being able to inspire and influence the organization and partners to gain alignment and support for business plans
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Experience with big data architectures and technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Spark, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile practices such as SCRUM or KANBAN
- Previous development experience
- Familiarity with security policies and regulations such as ISO 27002, FERPA, or PCI
- Cloud security and/or architecture related certifications – AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Certified DevOps Engineer