eporting directly to the SVP & Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Tax is responsible for global tax planning and strategy, including all U.S. and foreign entities tax affairs related to tax compliance, external tax reporting and jurisdictional tax audits. This role requires working with senior management to align tax optimization with Company’s operations and business development initiatives, consistent with tax laws and regulations. The position will be crucial in leading the tax team through strategic tax planning, compliance-related projects, and audit readiness.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the continual strategic review of Apex Tool Group’s global tax structure. Develop tax planning strategies to maintain, and when necessary refresh, the global tax structure in alignment with changes in the business model to optimize the Company’s worldwide tax position.
- Oversee the global tax planning, reporting, compliance, audit and policy functions.
- Direct the strategic and operational aspects of transfer pricing related to U.S. and international related party transactions. Ensure accurate and timely compliance with mandatory annual and periodic transfer pricing documentation consistent with IRS and BEPS/OECD directives & regulations.
- Direct the team in completing the global ASC 740 tax provision and ensure the group’s tax accounting processes, documentation and related systems are in compliance with SEC and internal control requirements.
- Oversee the tax function to ensure all filing positions are timely and accurately calculated and appropriately reported in financial forecasts, tax filings, and financial statements.
- Direct the international components of U.S. income tax compliance with solid experience related to Subpart F, GILTI, E&P, Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 8990, 8991, 8975 and Section 163(j) in both domestic and CFC contexts.
- Lead the cash tax forecast process in a timely and accurate manner in support of the Company’s free cash flow forecast projections.
- Partner with the company’s Treasurer in the planning and execution of cash repatriation from foreign subsidiaries to the U.S. parent in a tax efficient manner.
- Oversee the Company’s proper reporting and compliance with VAT, GST, S&U Tax and other transactional taxes including a focus on minimizing structural input tax receivables.
- Create an inclusive culture that encourages the free exchange of ideas, respects each person’s well-developed opinions and utilizes fact-based decision making to enhance the strength of the Company, the Tax Department and each member of the tax team.
Who You Are:
- Master's degree in Tax or JD/LLM.
- CPA license preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 15+ years' experience within a U.S. multi-national corporation, Big 4 firm or a combination of both.
- 5+ years of leading a company’s global tax function preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience with ASC 740. Prefer experience in a SEC registrant environment.
- Extensive strategic tax planning experience, including Transfer Pricing, U.S. International, Foreign Jurisdiction transactional planning and M&A.
- Strong tax technical tax knowledge in U.S. Federal & SALT specialty areas.
- Working knowledge of transactional taxes: VAT, GST and S&U tax.
- Experience presenting technical tax matters clearly and concisely to executive level finance managers, the Audit Committee and other business leaders.
- Proficient in the use of M.S. Office including PowerPoint and Excel.
At Apex Tool Group (www.apextoolgroup.com), we build innovation. Each day, our associates strive to find new and exciting ways to help our customers solve their most complex challenges. By harnessing our global resources, unprecedented insights and spirit for service, we build more than just tools for the jobsite – we help build the future.
ATG is a global manufacturer of hand and power tools, tool storage and accessories, chain, and electronic soldering solutions with more than $1.2 billion in annual revenues. Our 6,700 associates around the world have built powerhouse brands like GEARWRENCH®, SATA®, Crescent®, Cleco®, Weller® and APEX®. Our brands are trusted by the professional trades and DIY enthusiasts alike. With our roots dating back to the 1800’s, our tools have driven technological advancements that drive efficiency, speed and safety for customers in a broad range of commercial and consumer markets.
As part of the ATG team, you will move fast, think globally, learn from your colleagues and grow your career. You’ll enjoy competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance and have opportunities to give back to the communities we serve.