Vice President of Strategic Transformation
Managed Care & Health Insurance
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island (Neighborhood) is a non-profit HMO that was founded in 1994 to ensure all citizens in the state have access to high-quality, low-cost health care. Neighborhood has been ranked as one of the top Medicaid health plans in America for the past twelve years and currently serves more than 190,000 members. Neighborhood also recently extended its great service, benefits and value to individuals and businesses through HealthSource RI – the state’s health insurance exchange.
The VP of the Strategic Transformation Office (STO) will establish and lead the STO to drive organizational transformation across the enterprise. This will include structuring the organization for success, developing process improvement, and leading change management.
- The Vice President of Strategic Transformation will establish and lead the Strategic Transformation Office, with responsibility for creating and re-creating processes and procedures within an organization of similar scope and size.
- Drive implementation of organizational transformation
- Build the detailed implementation plan for organizational transformation, identifying timeline, specific stakeholders, and milestones for each change
- Sequence the transformation efforts to allow for a phased approach to implementation, balancing all the other work efforts within the organization
- Facilitate workshops and working sessions as needed to implement changes
- Hold stakeholders accountable to timelines and milestones
- Collaborate with HR on change management and hiring to ensure a smooth process
- Advise Executive Leadership Team on their role and leadership posture during implementation
- Identify risks and address issues as they arise
- Communicate the transformation plan to leaders and staff
- Track overall financial impact on the organization
- Lead the Business Process Improvement effort (including potential revision of policies and procedures)
- This position will function as a key “relationship driver” and will create, navigate and manage key relationships with the (internal) Member Services/Call Center group and (internally & externally) with the Provider Network Manager Group. Externally, this includes C-level individuals at hospitals and other provider groups
- Function as a leader and change agent from both personal and organizational perspectives
- Ensure all areas’ work across the organization is being done well and efficiently, seeking out areas to develop new competencies and drive strategic transformation with clearly defined lines of accountability
- Affect change through functional design and re-design to improve the way NHP does business
- Successful candidates will demonstrate intangible qualities – integrity, honesty and loyalty.
- Deep healthcareexperience is required, with a proven track record of building and managing within a complex organizational structure
- Candidates must understand and appreciate how technology interacts with all areas of NHP’s operations
- Prior experiencerequired managing project work, i.e., has worked with timelines, deliverables, etc.
- Strong leadership DNA with ability to take on the responsibility of building from the existing platform and implementing efficiencies
- Extensive experience in helping to shape the culture of a company to help create a newer, smoother and more efficient structure for the entire organization
- Highly value integrity, honesty and loyalty across the organization
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; graduate degreepreferred