Let?s Work Together
Vice President of Solution Development
This position is based in Menands, NY
LIFE at Zones nfrastructure
At Zones nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. Zones nfrastructure nployees relish challenging projects working alongside technology?s best and the brightest. Our team members enjoy the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Our work environments are designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth organization that counts many of the world?s most admired brands as customers. Zones nfrastructure is a CRN Triple Crown winner, a member of the Fast Growth 150, Tech Elite 250 and Solution Provider 500, Inc.?s Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies, Inc.?s 500|5000 list, and are recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
The Role: VP of Solution Development
This leadership role is your opportunity to make an impact on the success of our organization. We are looking for a highly strategic leader to join our team as a Vice President of Solution Development. You will manage a team of 15+ pre-sales professionals to support attainment of the national services sales and revenue targets. The team will consist of Directors, proposal managers, solution engineers, technical writers and business analysts who will be focused on RFP response, proposal and SOW development in support of a distributed technical sales organization. You will collaboratewithother Pre and Post-sales senior leaders to develop strategic direction, establish processes and workflows, validate and advance service solution templates and influence executive management as required to achieve objectives. This role will require travel to customer and Zones internal meeting and industry events.
- Lead, inspire, and motivate the solutions team responsible for the entire process related to complex proposals from solution development to proposal delivery to contracting.
- Ensure that the team has the knowledge, skills and developmental plans to overachieve in their assigned areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage a high volume salessupport organization and a willingness to work extended hours to lead the solutions team towards meeting deadlines.
- Ensure that service sales opportunities are well qualified and support the Zones business objectives.
- Ensure that all solutioned opportunities are accurately recorded and maintained in Zones CRM systems to enable accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and utilization forecasts.
- Manage and resolve escalations allowing the team to stay focused on solution development.
- Build and promote a cohesive, customer-centric team with strong internal relationships.
- Build a ?trusted advisor? relationship with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
Required Skills and credentials:
- BA or BS in relevant field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Expert presentation and public speaking skills
- Background and comfort in contract administration and management
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Expert negotiation skills
- 10+ years of professional management experience in information technologysales and/or service delivery.
- The ideal candidate has a background in IT professional services and is able to engage directly withinternal and external stakeholders to understand their requirements and collaborate to positively influence their strategy.
- Successful track record of achieving strategic business level goals and objectives.
- Ability to qualify deals based on business requirements, determine the appropriate next steps and support an Account Executive and extended opportunity pursuit team throughout the complex sales and solutioning cycle.
- Strong knowledge of the product vendors and services providers in the IT space as well as strong knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to hire, coach, mentor and retain exceptional technical and professional level talent
- Experience building, managing, and measuring a virtual/geographically dispersed services organization
About Zones nfrastructure:
nfrastructure partners with the world?s most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for digital business. Our insight, execution, and results culture, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major market, tightly integrated high-availability remote support and our innovative, proprietary ?nterprise? software platform delivers a highly differentiated value proposition for our customers and partners.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at
Apply for this job or another online today at
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.