The Vice President Software Engineering position requires high level technical acumen, prior engineering management experience with a track record of leading strong engineers and ability to make effective technical decisions including contributions to our technologyarchitecture evolution, while collaborating multi-functionally. This position will partner with Product Management and Operations to drive the ongoing innovation and evolution of our products and services and play a pivotal role in ensuring they align to the organization strategy. The VP Software Engineering is instrumental in leading, mentoring and developing technical engineers, engineering directors, managers, and team leads including the onboarding, mentoring and career development of our staff.
This position is responsible for providing strategy, vision, and senior leadership in creating and delivering industry-leading products. The VP Software Engineering serves as a cross-functional leader who focuses on collaboration with key stakeholders to execute on the technology vision, strategy, roadmap and delivery. Prioritizes organizational and technology initiatives and coordinates the lifecycle of current and future products. This executive leader reports directly to the CEO.
Primary Duties and Functions
- Lead through example while providing high-level guidance, support, motivation, and morale to promote an innovative and challenging work environment while building high performing, cohesive, and sustainable teams that can execute both independently and collaboratively to deliver results.
- Hire and manage a team of world-class engineers, providing guidance and direction to achieve the technical vision and strategy.
- Partner with cross-departmental stakeholders to identify product goals and milestones and develop the technical roadmap and strategies for success.
- Drive technical architecture decisions and lead efforts to ensure successful execution of strategies while ensuring architecture integrity and standards.
- Partner with Product Management and Operations teams to successfully deliver Lantronix products and features.
- Help identify technology trends and evolving industry behavior that may support or impede the success of the technology roadmap, strategy, and vision.
- Develop and maintain technology processes and procedures that maximizes Lantronix?s engineering culture and product strategy.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impact the team?s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends, technology standards, and emerging technologies and best practices.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with key vendors and contractors to ensure effective implementation of business strategies as well as to identify expedient and comprehensive solutions to customer-impacting issues.
- Bachelor?s degree in a Computer Science or other technical field of study or equivalent. MSCS a plus.
- 10-15years of relevant experience in software or architectural engineering such as highly scalable and reliable enterprise-class or web-scale application software on private and public cloud environments
- 5+ years as an engineering director managing multi locations.
- Experience with data center architectures and virtualization technologies including containers, hypervisors, public and private IaaS/PaaS platforms, and their management software including Docker, VMware, VirtualBox, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Strong project management skills with understanding all phases of project management, risk mitigation, and milestones.
- Significant experience with enterprise level cloud, SaaS, desktop and device software technologies.
- Experience with application framework API design and implementation.
- Strong technology leader focused on delivering products with excellent usability and customer satisfaction, and reliable and secure performance.
- Demonstrates a highly analytical approach which thrives in a data-driven environment.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workloads and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaption, and initiatives.
- Proven track record of exceptional talent management of highly talented, diverse teams.