Vice President of Software Engineering - Development Standards and Metrics
• THE TEAM
o The team works with Development teams and other stakeholders across the Digital, Marketing, Loyalty and to establish Development Standards and their adoption.
o The team work with a globally distributed development organization to train on development best practices, develops appropriate tools and metrics to foster developer efficiencies across different technologies.
• THE JOB
o Establish development standards and best practices across the portfolio
o Establish formal and informal training for development and operations teams.
o Identify, implement, develop tools necessary to assess development metrics around code quality, developer efficiency.
o Team building and mentoring
o Have you helped build a global, high transaction volume product?
o Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
o Have you led a distributed team of diverse skills and experience?
• Define and own development standards for code quality with a bias for security, operability, and maintainability.
o Actively find ways (new technologies, tools, frameworks) to improve software solutions
• Work with development, solution architecture, operations and security teams to establish appropriate development standards and training programs.
• Participate in code review.
• Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and tradeoffs.
• Perform knowledge sharing and coaching, mentoring by
o Tech Talks & Presentation session on specific topics of expertise
o Technical writing and publishing - Articles, Blogs, References
• Identify and implement appropriate tools for metrics collection with a bias towards open source tools
• Publish periodic developer, team and portfolio level metrics on code quality across a variety of attributes, including Security, Complexity, Test coverage, Failure Rate, etc...
• Drive Talent Acquisition, Development and Mentoring for the team.
All About You
o You are a hands-on, polyglot (full stack) technology leader with experience in a wide range of technologies. You have demonstrable experience with microservices and cloud technologies
o You are well engaged with open source community preferably as a contributor.
o You are passionate about quality of code in general and have been involved in implementing high performing systems.
o You obsess about metrics and believe in ‘measure everything’ philosophy.
o You have exceptional communication skills and are at ease communicating with both senior and junior level audience, with both technical and non-technical audience
o You are a self learner and an agent of change, looking to keep the team at the bleeding edge of technology through necessary education and persuasion.