New York City, NY
Not Specified years
Posted 268 days ago
Who is MasterCard
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society . Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
• THE TEAM
o The team owns the cloud strategy and its adoption across the Digital, Marketing, Loyalty and Business Solutions portfolio.
o The team develops and drives the CI/CD charter for the portfolio. Developing tools, Coaching, training and supporting as needed with the help of the dev standards team.
• THE JOB
o Establish the cloud strategy for the portfolio in collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture, Infrastrtucture, Development and other stakeholder organizations.
o Drive the adoption of the strategy including support for replatforming existing applications.
o Establish formal and informal training for development, operations and product teams.
o Identify, implement, develop necessary tooling to drive CI and CD.
o Team building and mentoring
o Have you helped build a global, high transaction volume product?
o Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
o Have you led a distributed team of diverse skills and experience?
• Define and own the cloud infrastructure strategy for the portfolio with a bias towards security and performance but balancing, cost, operability and vendor/technology independence.
• Work with portfolio architecture, engineering and operations teams to drive adoption of the cloud strategy.
• Participate in technical review of portfolio projects..
• Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and tradeoffs.
• Perform knowledge sharing and coaching, mentoring by
o Tech Talks & Presentation session on specific topics of expertise
o Technical writing and publishing - Articles, Blogs, References
• Develop and drive the CI/CD charter. Identify, build, deploy necessary tools to support consistent implementation of CI/CD across the portfolio.
• Drive Talent Acquisition, Development and Mentoring for the team.
All About You
o You are a hands-on, polyglot (full stack) technology leader with experience in a wide range of technologies. You have demonstrable experience with microservices and cloud technologies
o You are well engaged with open source community preferably as a contributor.
o You are passionate about cloud infrastructure technologies and CI/CD in general and have been involved in implementing high performing systems.
o You obsess about metrics and believe in ‘measure everything’ philosophy.
o You have exceptional communication skills and are at ease communicating with both senior and junior level audience, with both technical and non-technical audience
o You are a self learner and an agent of change, looking to keep the team at the bleeding edge oftechnologythrough necessary education and persuasion.