Duties And Responsibilities :
TIG is seeking a proven, results driven Vice President of Sales to be a key member of the senior management team with primary responsibility for generating sales and leading the evolution of the current Sales organization. The VP of Sales would oversee our Eastern U.S. Region branches including Albuquerque, Atlanta, North Florida, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Richmond, San Antonio, and Tampa. Being established in one of these areas would be preferred, but will accept candidates from the San Diego area to be based at our Corporate Headquarters.
The ideal executive will collaborate with the TIG executive team and operate in a senior capacity, focusing on creation and execution of company’s sales plan and strategic objectives as well as the daily priorities that emerge in a fast-paced, ambitious work environment.
Duties and responsibilities
• The Vice President of Sales is responsible for achieving sales results, driving innovative and integrated sales initiatives pertaining to legacy sales and value based technology solutions
• Lead and develop the sales team to deliver exceptional and profitable sales growth
• Understand and translate the company’s business goals into business opportunity analysis, pre- and post-sale services and solution selling
• Help launch, manage, and inspect new technology solutions and professional/managed services campaigns
• Develop strong ties with key customers and be proactive in understanding their desired business outcomes and how that impacts/influences their competitive advantage
• Develop strong ties with key manufacturer partners to ensure mutual knowledge share of trends and issues likely to impact the channel and customer markets.
• Provide executive management with pipeline, forecast and sales achievements
• Assist in complex sales negotiations, create and attend sales presentations and help drive and close high margin deals
• Enhance and enforce standard sales processes, policies and procedures
Desired Skills And Abilities:
• Sales expert. Proven ability to drive sales opportunities and close deals
• Enthusiastic and able to operate productively in a very dynamic environment; able to maintain calm and perspective in the face of challenge
• Ability to act with customers in mind; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers, earning their trust and respect
• Ability to lead by example, creating a vision for the future and inspiring team members to work together towards that goal.
• Highly effective time management skills with the ability to balance time-sensitive critical tasks with long term important priorities
Years Of Experience:
• 7+ years of business development and sales leadership experience required
• 7+ years of successful sales management experience required
Knowledge Training And Certifications:
• BA degree required (MBA preferred)
• Experience in consultative sales required
• Knowledge and experience in presentation of IT solutions and Professional Services
• Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Technology Solutions, Professional Services, Project Management, and Marketing.
• The ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time required
• Valid driver’s license required