Vice President of Sales - Rigid Products Group
8 - 10 years experience • Manufacturing / Packaging
The Vice President of Sales – Rigid Products Group is responsible for developing, growing and maintaining business and relationships to meet or exceed sales revenue plan established through a strategic planning process and help define the company’s overall strategies and tactics for new market and growth opportunities, and build and lead a salesinfrastructure.
This position is responsible to create and execute the sales plan to fulfill growth and profit objectives; to maximize sales through effective territory management; and to work with the marketing function by identifying and executing key marketing outlets and competitive strategies. Must identify potential customers and qualify new market opportunities through market analysis.
This position will be located in our Corporate Office in Rochester, Michigan.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Executes sales plans to achieve maximum sales volume and profitability. Develop and coordinate salesselling cycle and methodology.
2. Directly manage major, critical client accounts, and coordinate management of all other accounts.
3. Create and implement strategic sales (and assist with marketing) objectives. Direct and coordinate company sales functions.
4. Develop and execute business strategies that will maximize market opportunities.
5. Oversee the management of sales teams and their territory, ensuring that set objectives are identified, communicated and met. Must develop, implement, maintain and ensure performance benchmarks for sales team are established and met.
6. Assess new markets and propose new business opportunities.
7. Evaluate and direct programs to include negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals. Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs and results.
8. Provide input for new product and new product strategies.
9. Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance sales operations.
10. Operate within approved sales, budget and business plans.
11. Responsible for assuring that distributors and representatives are fully trained and informed regarding products, and have access to adequate information and samples necessary to sell said products.
12. Responsible for maintaining as much field contact as possible to be knowledgeable of our marketplace.
13. Responsible for assuring that products are marketed and new products are introduced in accordance with planned objectives and within company policies to obtain maximum profitability.
14. Responsible for continually monitoring market to determine market size and market penetration of company's products. Continually evaluate the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
15. Responsible for recommending changes in marketing philosophy and policy, which serve in the best interest of the company.
16. Responsible for establishing and maintaining communications, and provide marketing advice and guidance to all operating units to ensure that overall marketing effectiveness is equal to or better than competition.
17. Responsible for coordinating sales and marketing to develop pricing policies and terms to enhance competitive positioning and profitability.
18. Responsible for recommending and monitoring new product opportunities for research and development. Oversee execution of product/market development through supervision of the product development staff from the salesmarketing standpoint and assure continual cooperation and close relationship with research and development on projects.
19. Responsible for monitoring participation in trade shows, exhibits, etc. and assure accurate reporting of costs of participation. Oversee development of presentations, booths, samples, etc. for all such shows participate in shows to extent possible.
20. Responsible for recommending modifications to existing products to improve performance, increase sales and/or increase profitability as indicated by market analysis and research.
21. Responsible for overseeing development of annual budget for all sales and related areas. Coordinates development of budget with other corporate areas while developing broad, long range goals and strategies.
22. Responsible for developing salescompensation programs and incentive programs to achieve or exceed divisional goals.
23. Responsible for working with corporate legal staff in contract review and all matters with legal consequences for the company. Secures legal approval of all sales promotion and advertising material as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing or related area.
2. A minimum of eight (8) years of sales and marketingexperience with at least five (5) of management position.
3. Ability to understand the company’s organizational structure, operating philosophy, culture and lines of responsibility, authority and communication.
4. Exceptional people skills – including written and communication skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships.
5. Proven track record of running a national sales and marketing operation in a growing market.
6. Experience in operating as part of an executive leadership team that places high emphasis on collaborative decision making.
7. Analysis and problem solving skills.
8. Ability to establish policies and procedures evaluate program effectiveness and work under pressure.
9. PREFER EXPERIENCE WORKING IN THE FOODSERVICE AND/OR PACKAGING INDUSTRIES. HOWEVER, OTHER MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED,