The Vice President of U.S. Sales is a strategic leader with significant experience in developing product growth within the industry of SAAS platforms. A proven leader poised to experience significant growth and is responsible in achieving market share and revenue targets. In addition, responsible for developing a business that is customer driven, cost oriented and leading continuous improvement processes. Responsible to accelerate the company's growth by regularly meeting and exceeding clearly defined sales objectives. Drive growth by increasing product and brand awareness in our markets and accelerating the development of ecommerce solutions that enhance our customers on-line experience and generate significant growth in online revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the U.S. sales strategy aligned with corporate initiatives and growth strategy.
- Use a consultative sales strategy to effectively understand our customer's needs, communicate the value of our services and continuously close new business.
- Provide leadership for all new business development activities associated with maintaining a consistent pipeline of new prospects.
- Lead the strategy of sales selling cycles and methodology and oversee the development of new markets and customers.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results and seek improvement opportunities.
- Maintain, grow, nurture and have a keen understanding of existing customer base, that allows the execution of a strategic sales plan to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Develop a strong understanding of our value proposition in order to effectively answer prospect/customer questions about our products and services.
- Collaborate with leadership team with customer insights in order to facilitate ideas on how to continuously improve product offerings.
Manage a team of Director-level Sales leaders.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in business, with a Master's degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years demonstrated experience leading and developing small and large teams with proven business growth results.
- Proven ability and experience building and leading a team of sales professionals including SAAS sales experience.
- Direct experience within the Pharma, technology company, and Veterinarian Industry preferred
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
- Strong leadership experiencerequired with experience in managing staff and a proven track record of motivating, coaching, and developing team members.
- Ability to define and implement strategic plans, set a vision and rally support around that vision.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated experience in providing strategic contribution to business results and implementing process improvements for the organization.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively operate with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organization and decision-making skills. Adept at analyzing/researching information and determining actions. Uses critical thinking skills and leadership ability to make and implement effective operational decisions.
- A hands-on, participative, leadership style that encourages creative problem solving.
- Experience driving business growth and executing on planned metrics.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail.
- Able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and timelines.
- Able to maintain a sense of urgency, sustained drive and high level of energy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal "pet-friendly" office environment.
- Extensive travelrequired.