Our client is a highly respected, innovative leader in closed loop chemical containment and dispensing systems. They have been in the chemical containment industry since 1968. They serve their customers throughout North America, Central and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Today, their products are found in chemical packaging used primarily for cleaning and are used in local schools and hospitals, the nation's largest fast food chains, and in five star restaurants and hotels around the world. The company has invested heavily in people, capital projects, products and processes that will set the stage for superb growth and expansion in the next 10 years.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VP of Sales? North America & Canada, will move into a newly created position and be ready to travel to and with the Team to our customer base. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, lead and direct sales operations and be fully accountable for sales leadership, field sales activities, account management, and customer service administration for all products manufactured and sold by the Team on behalf of the company in the Territory.
The Territory is currently defined as North America and Canada but the company reserves the right to modify or change this definition for business reasons. The VP Sales ? North America & Canada will have total responsibility for the overall sales process (from pre-sales prospect development through post-sales service and support), the Team, the strategy and the execution of the plan to succeed, taking the lead from and reporting into the CRO.
The incumbent will have the commitment, as well as the drive, energy and executive leadership skills to meet and exceed revenue and margin targets. To succeed in this role, the incumbent will propose and implement new ways the company can expand business and grow its market share in the territory. This role requires excellence in the following: leadership skills, business acumen, management of people, communication both internally and externally, and the willingness to travel as necessary. The VP of Sales? North America & Canada, must have a high growth orientation; proven experience as a team builder; a passion for delivering high quality service; deep interest in building strong relationships; a collaborative, decisive and flexible decision-making style; and proven ability to lead organizational change.
- Aligns the North American and Canadian sales organization with the company's vision, mission statement and core values.
- Sets sales and marketing strategy for the region and is responsible for the development of business plans, account plans, communication plans, revenue forecasts and the analysis to support targeted growth in revenue and market share.
- Mentors and manages the sales team and ensures all KPI's are met.
- Works directly with the sales team to close business and maximize sales results.
- Motivates team members and deals with underperformance issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures all team members are fully trained and technically competent to market and sell the company's products.
- Articulates clear and effective product positioning statements and value propositions.
- Develops and implements sales objectives and goals across all target markets, including assigning individual sales goals and establishing related budgets.
- Ensures effective use of all the companies "systems" from CRM to Proposal management software and other related sales tools.
- Takes the lead on and attends trade shows and meetings, as required.
- Acts as the company's Ambassador to the Team, customers, partners and other stakeholders in the Territory.
- Experience in the packaging industry, preferably selling to chemical manufacturers and distributors. May also consider a candidate who has a strong background in food service, healthcare or industrial packaging and dispensing (including janitorial, sanitation, pharmaceutical packaging or animal health packaging)
- Prior experience in a successful, growing manufacturing company with a multi-site, multi lingual, multicultural/distributed workforce
- At least 15 years progressive business development leadership experience in a rapidly changing, growth-oriented, and performance-driven environment
- Possess a strong background in Finance, Logistics and Operations to fully understand how companies function and to operate in a manner that is company oriented for the benefit of the company as a whole, while also pursuing the strategic and commercial goals for the territory
- Proven track record of leading teams successfully through evolutionary and step change
- Prior M&Aexperience with focus on the successful merger of acquired businesses into existing organizations
- Deep understanding with cultural, regulatory and compliance issues facing U.S. manufacturers selling outside of the USA
- Excellent market research skills, with the ability to assess and understand the competitive landscape and communicate proactive strategies to remain competitive
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to multitask
- Team builder, forward thinker, strategic, meshes well with team, organizer, driver, energetic, no ego and hidden agendas, MBWA (manages by walking around), develops staff, sales disruptor
- Executive leadership ability including strong intellectual, analytical and communication skills
? Leadership skills, business acumen, excellent manager of people, strong communication skills both internally and
? High growth orientation; proven experience as a team builder; a passion for delivering high quality service; deep interest in building strong relationships; a collaborative, decisive and flexible decision-making style; and proven ability to lead organizational change
- Highly skilled professional with an unwavering commitment to honesty, integrity and the pursuit of excellence
- Hard-working and enthusiastic, capable of energizing a team through leadership by example
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global market perspective
- Ability to open doors, easily build trust and mutual respect, and form enduring customer relationships at all levels of an organization
- Must be comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs and experiences
- Possess the ability to work predominantly in an office environment and represent the CRO at meetings and liaison between departments. Understanding the entire business and acting in the best interests of all employees is paramount
- Willing to travel as required
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Engineering. An advanced degree is highly preferred. The company is willing to accept a proven track record in an equivalent position as a substitute for qualifications, backed up by references of success.