Towne & Locke is seeking an experienced Vice President of Sales to join our client's growing team in NYC, LI, or NJ. This position offers a very competitive salary plus commission, bonus, and stock options, full insurance benefits, 401K, paid time off etc.
Our Client is a tech-enabled IT Services and Solution Provider that delivers Digital Innovation providing tangible business value and exceptional Client experiences through the sale and delivery of Technology Solutions as a Service (TSaaS).
Our Client is currently seeking a Vice President of Sales who will be responsible for scaling and enhancing the sales organization, paying close attention to sales training, structure, processes and metrics all to drive rapid sales growth. This leadership role establishes and tracks the overall sales goals and specific sales targets; directly oversees excellence in sales execution to meet the company growth objectives.
- Responsible for developing and implementing sales led demand creation & lead generation initiatives to drive new business growth across new logo client acquisition, as well as installed base & major client accounts.
- Comfortable defining go to market sales strategy for commercial and channel partner ecosystems. Able to act as executive sponsor for both new prospect pursuits and existing major client accounts, forging relationships with rapport and trust to senior client IT and business function leaders.
- Additionally, must be competent in all aspects of sales operations functions, inclusive of pre-sales solution design, Salesforce CRM systems, pipeline analytics, deal review governance and management reporting.
- Extensive experience in selling and managing ITO outsourcing and managed services client engagements. Specifically, around Service Desk, Monitoring and Management, Security, Cloud, Database and Digital workplace solutions. Commercial savvy combined with broad IT industry efficacy and innovation is a key expectation of this senior leader position.
- Ability to act as both an executive business development rainmaker, as well as hand-on leader of individual sales functions.
- Ability to lead the implementation of repeatable sales and lead generation processes to drive scale.
- Aptitude to rapidly and professionally assess sales performance issues and take definitive corrective actions.
- Business acumen to work with diverse sales team and diverse clientele across multiple geographies and industries.
- Convey Executive Presence to influence decisions at a CXO and Board Room level.
- Utilize deep business acumen of IT solutions and managed services with an ability to work with diverse clientele across multiple industries.
- Play role of executive sponsor for both major client accounts and new business pursuits.
- Collaborate with other Business Unit leadership, Sales, Sales Operations and Marketing to drive market demand, new business wins and overall company credibility.
- Engage with strategic partners for both commercial and innovation initiatives.
- Cross functional collaboration with other Business Unit and Practice Leaders to sell and profitable deliver services
- Develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Ensures collaboration for all sales support / demand generation campaign requirements for sales plan objectives and organizational expenditure in conjunction with SVP of Marketing.
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies.
- Builds, develops and manages national sales teams capable of executing sales strategies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies.
- 15+ years of IT services and solutions industry experience with a proven track record of success.
- 10+ years of sales leadership experience in a market facing leadership position with a proven track record of success
- A keen understanding of the broader IT landscape from both a solutions perspective and a technical perspective
- Professional sales best practices training and education
- Broad, services-oriented sales management experience with both direct and indirect channels is highly desired.
- Commercial skills and experience with IT outsourcing RFPs, contracts, service levels, statements of work.
- Excellent verbal customer communication skills – including the ability to exhibit professionalism, effective listening skills and to be able to articulate key messages with clarity and brevity.
- Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles, with an ability to formally present.
- Exceptional presentation and contract negotiation skills.
- Can coordinate and execute multiple activities at the same time to achieve defined goals.
- Ability to develop and publish new content and plans to drive market demand.
- Experience in handling client presentations and escalations.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, computer
- science, engineering, marketing or related field.
- MBA or MS degree preferred, but not required.
Towne & Locke is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.