Vice President of Sales & Marketing
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing outlines the course, develops the vision, and implements the strategic plan that will drive our hotels to increased market share, greater recognition, and higher revenues. As Vice President you are a strategic thinker and tactical implementer with a proven track record of leadership including experience in a complex multi-unit environment. You are accountable for delivering measurable results that achieve and exceed revenue and margin targets across the Company’s portfolio in the US and Canada. In this position you will be responsible for all sales and marketing functions and play an integral role in the continued development of the organization. You will leverage many skillsets to support the hotels and their associates, including:
- Be a Strong Leader – Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to above property E-marketing/digital teams, Directors of Revenue Management, Business Transient Analysts, and the property direct sales teams in a manner that ensures exceptional support and produces market differentiation and competitive advantage. Develop a strong atmosphere where every sales team member understands their roles and has defined markets and goals to meet and exceed forecasted revenues through yield management, analysis, training, and marketing tools. You participate in industry-specific associations, pipeline management, strategy development, understanding and executing on annual revenue targets, analyzing business opportunities through displacement models, identifying priority prospects, creating compelling presentations, and participating in the business development proposal process.
- Be a Strategic Planner -- Develop strategies and tactics to increase margin targets within existing accounts, while expanding into new hospitality verticals. Implement annual business plans and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual expense and revenue budgets. Establish clear sales metrics and benchmarks for measuring progress and maintaining focus and enable reporting functions that track, measure, and analyze performance.
- Be a Chief Marketing Officer -- Provide support in the area of marketing strategy and management; develop annual marketing plans and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve goals. You will lead all aspects of marketing including strategic direction, digital, creativity, messaging, communications, partnerships, and programs.
- Be the Visionary -- You are creative in your approach and strategic in all things, always aware of bottom-line goals. You monitor the industry for the latest programs and tools available and communicate this information effectively to the hotels. Continually develop and communicate revenue management strategies internally to ensure alignment with opportunity. Collaborate with strategic partners and clients to research market needs and identify potential new product solutions.
- Be Passionate – Your competitive drive and determination will focus on results. You are engaged, confident, and effective at building trusted strategic relationships with partners. You stablish and maintain a strong network of relationships with fellow hospitality colleagues and across other verticals to ensure the sales strategy and direction is current. You have strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, and are an excellent communicator across all organizational levels. Your leadership builds and sustains credibility with staff, colleagues, clients, and investors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 10 years of progressive sales and e-commerce experience within the hospitality industry. Multi brand and market experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of CMS and brand sales platforms (e.g., CI/TY, Delphi, TravelClick, CVENT, Opera, PMS).
- Deep understanding of digital marketing in the hospitality sector and superior knowledge of social media and various OTA distributions models
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of direct hotel sales, e-commerce, and revenue management.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead change, mentor, offer constructive feedback and motivate individuals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including experience with related tools, software, and formats.
- Proven track record of hiring and growing sales teams and ability ramp up new property teams with speed.
- Hands-on experience strategizing and negotiating complex sales agreements
- English proficiency
- Ability and patience to deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism and decision making to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action.
- Long hours sometimes required with light physical work.
- Travel will be required.
Additional Job Details
$130,000 - $150,000