We have been retained by a leading private equity firm to identify the right Vice President of Sales for one of its middle market portfolio companies that is a high-growth, leading technology services company. Our private equity client partners with management to drive continued growth and value by creating a Board of Directors, strengthening the leadership team, sharpening strategy and execution, and delivering organic and acquisitive growth.
We are seeking a candidate with:
- 15+ years of progressive, proven experience including at least 5+ years of recent senior-level, commercial
- leadership experience.
- He/she must demonstrate a comprehensive commercial skill set including sales and go-to-market strategies.
- Technology services industry experience is required. Relevant sector experience may include, but is not limited to, SaaS, software, tech-enabled business services.
- A demonstrated track record of building and cultivating high-performing teams is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A strong interpersonal skill set.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Sales will be responsible for all aspects of commercial strategy and reporting as member of the senior leadership team responsible for driving revenue growth. The Vice President of Sales will be accountable for driving profitable growth by developing, implementing, leading, and scaling all commercial and market development sales activities.
In addition to providing commercial leadership, this individual will:
- Develop and lead a dynamic, results-oriented go-to-market strategy in tune with the complexities and nuances to small-medium sized businesses.
- Provide key leadership as a “player/coach” with a “roll up your sleeves” approach flexing from Board
- involvement to hands-on sales activities.
- Lead the effort to accelerate customer acquisition by leveraging the Company’s highly-differentiated value adds.
- Develop the Company’s selling “playbook” and drive its implementation across the organization.
- Analyze key metrics to provide insightful scorecard reporting of results and sales activities.
- Recruit, lead, manage, assess and help build a high-performance sales team and growth culture based on
- providing value to customers, direct communication, compliance, and accountability.
- Partner closely with the CEO to lead the company through a profitable exit at the end of the hold period.