Do you dream about a career which leverages your business acumen within a compassionate and consultative executive sales leadership role? Do you possess the heartfelt passion to cultivate and develop your team and customers in the manner of a servant leader? Would you excel in a role that provides you the autonomy to define the strategic objectives and provide the training, mentorship, and coaching to your team as they execute those objectives? Are you looking for that perfect executive opportunity where you can positively impact the long-term future of an organization and still have career growth opportunities within it?
The Vice-President of Sales will partner with the executive management team as a high-performance sales executive with responsibility for the development of key growth strategies, tactics, and action plans. The Vice-President of Sales will be required to successfully execute these strategies to achieve financial and growth targets. The Vice-President of Sales will own and achieve annual targets, build relationships, and demonstrate strong understanding of customer trends in the market place.
LOCATION: Anywhere within the contiguous United States of America with a STRONG preference for location in the Midwest, specifically Chicago Metro area.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer / Integrator
- Manages the preparation and implementation of B2B sales plan, sales forecasts, and strategies.
- Oversight of bereavement keepsake sales team in the development of goals, metrics, targets, and resource management.
- Own and, at a minimum, achieve annual revenue target.
- Expansion of customer base in new markets and E-Commerce.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with B2B customers and understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Understand category-specific landscape and trends.
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Participating member of Senior Leadership Team (SLT) collaborating across all functional areas of the business.
- Develop sales personnel for career and professional growth and succession planning.
- Develop and manage sales expense budget to include items such as travel and trade shows.
- Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed. Prepares post-eventreports and analysis.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Supervise Others: Yes
Travel: Approximately 30 - 50%
BEST Requirements to be considered for this role:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven sales experience at the Executive level required.
- Prior successful track record of B2B sales and B2B sales leadership both directly to clients and through developing strong distributor relationships required.
- Demonstrated success growing sales volume and clients year over yearrequired.
- Demonstrated experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions required.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close using a fact based, compassionate, and consultative sales approach required.
- Demonstrated ability to train, mentor, and coach sales teams on a fact based, compassionate and consultative sales approach required.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and their associated benefits to clients and end consumers required.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors and successfully win/grow market sharerequired.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to determine the best financial and ethical course of action required.
- Well-developed listening, negotiation, project and account management skills required.
- Prior experience with one or more Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system required.
- Minimum of intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations for delivery to individuals and/or groups at all levels of the organization.
- Experience functioning within a strong matrix environment highly preferred.
BEST Qualifications for Success in this role:
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Prior experience leading sales teams selling jewelry and/or keepsake memorabilia preferred.
- Prior experience and strong understanding of nuances, issues, and trends within the Funeral Service industry highly preferred.
- Well-developed relationships ? prior or existing ? with one or more funeral products distributors, funeral directors, and funeral homes preferred.
- Prior experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams of people with a track record of delivering superior results preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) preferred.
- Prior experience with implementation of one or more Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system preferred.
About BEST Human Capital & Advisory Group and the Client:
BEST Human Capital & Advisory Group is strategic workforce planning and development solutions for middle market companies including retained executive search for tactical and strategic leadership through C-level positions. As a true partner to our client businesses, invested in their success, we specialize in helping our clients find the BEST, hire the BEST, retain the BEST, and grow the BEST talent to meet their businesses ever changing needs.
Our client, a leader in the bereavement keepsake manufacturing and distribution industry, has grown from a middle-of-the-night brainstorm into a nationwide company. The power of human connection, particularly through touch, guides every aspect of the work they render. Each keepsake cast forges a durable symbol of one specific and unique person ? a fingerprint. They believe in creating, celebrating, and capturing memories of people and the passions important to them. Although the company had grown and changed over the years, they continue to work hard for the same reason: to ignite passion, heart, and soul in the human spirit.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate who wishes to be an Executive Sales Leader and to take an organization to the next round of growth. If you are interested in talking with us, we are interested in you!
Please apply for this position if you have requisite experience and this career role fits your career objectives.