The position will have primary accountability for the development and performance all sales activities within the territory. Staff, grow and lead a sales team towards the achievement of the company’s business goals with particular focus on long term & profitable revenue growth. This position is a member of the management team, and the individual is expected to interface at all levels of the organization and demonstrate strong personal values such as, integrity, passion, and respect for others. Reports to the Divisional President and has 8-10 direct outside sales reports.
- Work with the Divisional President (DP) to create and implement overall sales strategies designed to achieve business unit growth objectives; develop sales plans which accomplish the business objectives
- Responsible for working with outside sales force to identify & develop new accounts, maintaining strategic relationships with large accounts, and managing large project opportunities within the territory
- Assist the DP to ensure sales quotas reflect market opportunity, not just past sales performance.
- In conjunction with the DP, help establish both market segment and end user customer strategies for the Company.
- Responsible for formulating sales strategies that ensure maximum outcome of sales efforts and achieve sales quotas with a particular focus on closing sales opportunities.
- Establishes performance goals for all sales employees and monitor performance continually
- Ensure that training programs support the ability of the sales organization to exceed the established performance measures.
- Ensure that sales technologies and systems are being used effectively to support the business strategy. This includes but is not limited to sales force automation, training (LMS) and sales collateral
- Ensure that sales leads are filtered, organized and incorporated into the sales pipeline tool.
- Refine Pipeline Management and Forecasting Methodologies, Lead Budget Development, Quota and Territory Initiatives
Experience, Qualifications and Personal Attributes
This position requires a leader who is capable of translating the company’s strategy and vision into specific plans, goals and objectives for their respective team(s). This person will be creative, articulate, dynamic and results oriented. He/she will have responsibility for the growth of the business and the people who make it successful.
Specific success factors include the following:
- Participation in strategy development and execution at the business unit level
- Background of introducing performance metrics and improved programs
- 5+ years of sales management experience, preferably in an industrialdistribution environment, and proven P&L management.
- Outstanding people management, leadership and developmental skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully relate to people at all levels.
- An experienced manager who has a track record of successfully managing, developing and motivating those on their team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit where working hands-on and developing a team are both equally desirable.
- Excellent written skills to include clear, concise, and accurate discussions of activity as well as developing product and project proposals for customers.
- A person of high integrity who treats both customers and company associates with respect.
- Assertive, optimistic, influencing, outgoing, self-initiating.
- Excellent organizational, goal setting, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to travel as business requires.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degreepreferred.
FCX Performance is an Applied IndustrialTechnologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.