Vice President of Sales and Marketing
8 - 10 years experience • Business Services
Our client is a full-service, corporate events and engagement agency specializing in live experiences, event production, internal communication and immersive digital strategies that take their clients brand messaging further.
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES AND MARKETING
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing is responsible for developing the strategic sales and marketing plans that will allow the company to meet or exceed revenue targets. This person serves as the leader of the sales and marketing team and is also a key individual contributor to overall results by pursuing and winning new business through effective business development efforts and delivering highly effective presentations.
Strategic thinking, initiative, and superb communication and collaboration skills are also required since the Vice President of Sales and Marketing works withother teams to identify targets and opportunities and help develop the agency’s response. He or she also oversees the company’s market positioning and is chargedwith ensuring that the sales and marketing team meets all goals by providing direction and monitoring progress.
This position is a member of the Leadership Team and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
This position requires a blend of the following responsibilities and skills.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Develops annual sales and marketing plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Ensures marketing communications are coordinated, supportssales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Provide accurate and detailed communications, pipeline, and financial forecast of identified and proposed opportunities
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Research, identify, qualify, and develop large new transformational opportunities with new target prospects
- Acquire knowledge of emerging solutions, technologies, and selling strategies
- Persuasively deliver dynamic and convincing presentations, resulting in loyal, profitable relationships and ongoing sales
- Develop, maintain, and manage C-suite and executive client relationships to gain strategic positioning with decision makers
- Serve as Sales and Marketing Team leader
- Recruit, onboard and develop the creative talent necessary to achieve vision and goals
- Drive training of best practices across sales and marketing disciplines
- Nurture agency culture through positivity, integrity, clarity and transparent communication
- Participation in company leadership team, setting company direction and strategic planning
The core skills, abilities and knowledge key to success in this position include:
- 7+ years documented exceptional track record in sales
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing or related field (MBA is a plus)
- Experience in sales/marketing leadership role
- Broad integrated agency experience (including live meetings/experiential, engagement and digital media)
- High standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness (high performance)
- High level strategic thinking ability
- Experience developing and approving sales and marketing plans
- Experience working on high-profile Fortune 500 global clients
- Proven ability to give persuasive, articulate presentations
- Ability to supervise and provide clear direction to sales and marketing staff
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal personnel and outside clients
- Adaptability, flexibility and problem solving
- Confidence, positivity and imperviousness
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
If you’re passionate about achieving amazing results (while having fun) every day, our client wants to meet you.