Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Vice President of Quality to join our team in Richardson, TX.
- The Quality VP is a member of a team, the role of which is to foster, develop and implement a unified approach to Quality in CommScope with the intent to deliver high quality products and services in a manner that meets the high standards held by CommScope.
- This position has cross functional accountability and interactions with Product Management, Sales, Risk Management, Operations, Finance, HR, Planning, and any other applicable areas, in support
- of improving overall Quality.
- Incumbent must be a champion of Quality to both internal & external clients.
- They will utilize new methodologies and ways of thinking and be able to resolve the natural differences that exist in an organization.
- The person will be responsible for a number of business units, region(s) of the world and a number of business processes & will work in a matrix management structure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop a living 3-year quality strategy specific to their areas of responsibilities to help drive excellence across all products and align with the overall company Quality organization and implement
- Quality Assurance industry best practices. This strategy will incorporate the required elements of corporate, business unit, customer and organizations such as Operations, Procurement and Finance.
- Incumbent is responsible for the 3 key areas of quality:
- Quality Improvement: the purposeful change of a process or product to improve its dependability.
- Quality Assurance: designed systematic preventative actions necessary to provide confidence that products and services meet given requirements all the time.
- Quality Control: inspecting and testing efforts to maintain the integrity of a process or products.
- Responsible for identifying improvement opportunities, provide support with process documentation and metrics identification.
- Lead collaborative cross-functional teams to deliver companywide quality solutions incorporating best practices.
- Lead corporate improvement projects, establishing benchmarks and best practices and aligning with overall business goals for areas on responsibility.
- Quality Assurance:
- Ensures the establishment and maintenance of a robust quality program into and at all sites for which there is responsibility, that comply with all company, local or applicable International Quality Standards, as required.
- Leads the Formulation of standard operating procedures to support Quality Management System.
- Responsible for monitoring QA processes to verify that the prescribed methods are being followed.
- Constant improvement or reinvestment incorporating best practices for a new systems and current system enhancements.
- Quality Control:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the quality programs at, and between, all locations, and assures compliance to all corporate and local policies, as well as compliance with national and international standards and legislation. Develops, recommends and implements changes as needed based on evaluation.
- Oversee the duties/functions of assigned areas of responsibility necessary to assure regulatory and accreditation compliance and advises the management on these issues.
- Integrates the Audit function into quality improvement projects for plant systems and products.
- Compliance with testing and inspection procedures.
- Coach, mentor and lead highly dynamic team members to help achieve the requirements of this position as well as the individual career goals of team members.
- Develop and maintains effective relationships with employees through effective and timely communication.
- Hire, manage, appraise and develop staff. Take necessary corrective actions for underperforming staff or breeches of policy. Succession planning.
- Maintain a level of knowledge, appropriate to job level, of internal systems in order to provide support to Quality staff.
- Responsible for understanding current and future customer needs and approving customer requirements (Strategic).
- Develop systems and processes to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Develop communication methods to employees so they know both the internal and external customers and also what customer requirements must be met to ensure that both are satisfied. (Customer focused Culture).
- Responsible for the development of client-driven QA metrics and targets for each product and as part of a cross-product initiative to assure all products work independently and together in a high-quality manner. (Product/Service requirements of Customer).
- Assess the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and ensure they meet customer requirements.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding quality issues with all customers (Internal and External) in a timely manner.
- Maintain awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Oversee and manage budget associated with projects, ensuring adequate staffing levels and project delivery within budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related curriculum with ten (10) plus years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of basic and advanced Quality tools such as; TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poke Yoke, etc.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality Management System Standards.
- Experience preferably obtained within a multi-plant manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to articulate, defend and negotiate Quality expectations with internal and external customers at all levels of management
- Ability to work effectively with all operational and functional areas and across international/cultural boundaries.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to drive change where required.
- Ability to manage mid-level managers at multiple locations, including sites around the world involving differing cultures, languages, and customs.
- Willing to travel 40% domestic and internationally.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.