General description of the position:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 years’ experience in SaaS solution delivery
- 4 years’ experience in managing a team
- Prior senior management experience dealing with strategy and execution
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and change direction often
- Independence, reliability, and self-accountability
- Experience in event management is a plus
The VP of Professional Services primary responsibilities are:
Managing professional services team:
- Manage, develop, coach and direct a team of direct & indirect reports in professional services team;
- Determine staffing strategy and working with hiring staff;
- Set staff development goals, assessment and performance evaluation;
- Assign staff to projects and optimal resource management;
- Advise, coach and partner with cross-functional teams on project delivery, solution development and deployment, and revenue generation techniques as needed;
- Ensure client engagements are delivered in a manner which meets/exceeds customer expectations without overdriving the costs;
- Monitor client satisfaction, quality and monetary risks and proactively coaching staff to mitigate risk.
Implement and manage knowledge management for internal and external use:
- Identify knowledge management models and strategy;
- Implement effective knowledge management to improve client satisfaction and make project management effective;
- Ensure creation and updates of knowledge management assets like articles and videos for current and new features of the product;
- Participate in client communication plans for release of enhancements, new features, and best practices.
Serve as the senior-level contact for clients on projects involves:
- Review key project deliverables and participate in key project milestone meetings;
- Visit client site for project-related meetings and building client relationships;
- Ensure that the implementation process and business strategy are optimal for the client’s needs.
Meeting cost targets for professional services involves:
- Manage utilization targets and monitor project costs and budget;
- Manage optimal staffing level targets;
- Manage and controlling non-billable and billable activities as well as customizations.
Team with sales team to drive sales to clients and prospects:
- Proactively team with the account managers on the overall management of client relationships and identifying upsell opportunities;
- Develop project plans and coordinate estimating development as needed for prospects and clients in a sales support capacity;
- Communicate with prospects and clients regarding project process, keys to success, implementation guidelines and time and cost estimates;
- Meet with clients in a pre/post sales capacity to deliver subject matter expertise and consultation for client needs and assist account managers in closing the deal.
- Develop and implement plans to meet business and team metrics;
- Constantly review professional services processes to improve overall efficiencies, reduce deployment time, and lower costs;
- Serve as an expert in solutions, products and implementation with current clients and with prospects in an advisory and sales support capacity;
- Quickly develop deep knowledge in and act as an authority on clients, products, implementation process, and solutions; and
- Work with marketing and other teams to plan user group meetings.