productboard is looking for a VP of product to drive the product strategy and execution of our existing product set while leading the launch of additional new products and features. Evangelizing and energizing the company with a real passion for product and design, you will partner with leaders across engineering, sales, marketing and operations to align the product roadmap with commercial activities that lead to increased customer adoption and revenue generation. You should also be an inspirational leader with an ability to build and develop a strong distributed team of product managers and designers. You will report directly to the CEO and work closely with others across the leadership team.
Let’s make products that matter, together.
- As the VP of Product you will lead the transformation of product ideas into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects while taking into consideration the financial implications, sales and marketing needs, and overall business objectives.
- In collaboration with product marketing and other business leaders, you will be responsible for identifying target customer segments, evaluating market trends and product industry, and ultimately defining a competitive go-to-market strategy.
- You should be able to deeply understand our customers’ needs through empathy, research, and ongoing interactions with customers and partners, and translate them into a compelling product strategy that continuously delights our customers.
- You will build and coach a world class team of product managers and designers to constantly ensure improvement in their professional skills. You should be adept at showing junior team members what quality product and product management processes look like.
- Acting as a lead evangelist for the Company’s product offerings, you will communicate the value proposition through participation in forums and conferences. You will also meet and interact directly with current and prospective consumers in an effort to relay to them the product’s value and benefits while simultaneously sourcing feedback and assessing their reception and experience with the product.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in product management, of which 5 years has been spent leading a product team, preferably at a B2B SaaS company.
- You should have strong leadership skills, collaboration skills, vision, design, marketing and evangelising skills.
- Direct experience with digital management software or workplace collaboration software is desired.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a distributed, global team
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-service
- Good sense of user experience and design
- Bachelor's degree is required; MBA preferred
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour