Vice President of Product Marketing
We are seeking a Vice President of Product Marketing to join the Model N marketing team. This leader will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for messaging, product launches, go-to-market strategy, sales enablement, and ultimately the market success of the Model N portfolio. Life sciences and high-tech companies comprise our core customer base and a significant opportunity remains; this leader will be instrumental in realizing this potential. It is a critical role and excellent chance to make a big impact.
- Go-To-Market Strategy & Execution: Work with product teams on our product vision, strategy, and roadmap, including the definition of positioning, messaging, pricing, and go-to-market strategies. Conduct routine assessments of the organization’s go-to-market processes and address gaps in performance.
- Content Marketing: Collaborate with marketing and other thought leaders in the organization to develop programs and GTM content across cross-functional teams including content creation for product launches, demand generation programs, website content, social media, product videos, webinars, case studies, blog posts, and more.
- Competitive Intelligence: Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of competitive differentiation and positioning for internal consumption and competitive programs.
- New Product Introduction: Lead the product launch process for marketing; ensure all marketing materials are updated and ready for launch; brief analysts and press in advance; ensure sales is enabled with the correct positioning, messaging, and pricing to be able to sell effectively on day one.
- Evangelism: Evangelize the value of the Model N at executive briefings, marketing events, webinars, as well as other sales and marketing channels.
- Sales Enablement: Train field organization on product positioning, pitches and selling against competitors. Support deals by preparing slide decks and meeting with customers and prospects as needed.
- Lead, influence and coordinate Model N’s position in all analyst reports and recommendations.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to guide the product marketing staff in its day-to-day activities.
- 12+ years’ product marketing experience in B2B enterprise software
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- Proven experience growing ARR at B2B SaaS businesses selling to enterprise-level companies
- Experience with the life sciences industry is required, e.g., selling to or working in the industry
- Leadership experience including the ability to build & grow a team and to collaborate & influence across product lines and functional groups.
- Proven track record developing compelling positioning and thought-leadership content that drives sales and customer retention, and positively influences analysts, media, and investors.
- Strong communications skills including speaking at industry events
- Proven creative thinker that can generate and execute on innovative product marketing ideas