The Product Management team at ThinkHR/Mammoth works with our customers and internal teams to create next-generation HR products and solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the US. We are a team of builders focused on a platform that considers deep partner and client integrations, simple user experience, and provides value to our users. We find joy in coming up with creative approaches to meet customer requirements and develop product roadmaps to build loyalty and new customer acquisition.
As Vice President, you will lead and develop our team of high-performing Product Managers to bring the future of our platform to life. Your work across the organization (Executive leadership, Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, and Engineering) is to build and execute our product vision and strategy for existing products, define and develop new products, and serve as our product evangelist externally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the product management team — manage all aspects of product definition, including market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, and functional specification.
- Maintain a culture of collaboration - work with Engineering to drive the delivery of product solutions that meet client and partner needs on schedule with published roadmap plans. Serve as a critical partner to drive continuous improvement on how we deliver products. Partner with Customer Support and Sales to give a fantastic customer experience that ensures client engagement and satisfaction.
- Understand our customers' needs - conduct research and leverage market, customer, and partner insights to inform product direction, definition, and prioritization. Drive product feedback process to ensure product meets client and partner needs.
- Build a capable team - recruit, develop, and manage the product management team to achieve team and company goals.
- Practice sound business acumen - maintain the department budget and balance of business needs with technology assessments and recommend alternative technical approaches to meet design requirements when needed.
- Continually improve - Lead the drive of next-generation User Experience (UX) across the portfolio as well as evaluate and integrate third party solutions into our product ecosystem.
- MBA or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 10+ years of software product management experience and 2+ years at Director or VP level.
- Demonstrated passion for the customer through delivering excellent products and by imagining new ways to solve big customer problems.
- Demonstrated success in building world-class SaaS software products or platforms, with experience building and innovating across the customer life cycle.
- Experience owning the end to end customer experience, delivering key customer benefits by focusing on speed and quality.
- HR technology or compliance domain knowledge desired.
- Experience working with an engineering environment that uses agile/scrum methodology as well as overseas development teams.
- Strong project management skills: plan, set, and manage to reasonable timelines while delivering projects that align with the business strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, business judgment, strategic, and analytical capabilities.
- Strong collaboration skills -- leading execution across teams, influencing across organizations, respected, experience of working across levels from engineers to VPs and Executives.
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and management abilities.