Here's what we're looking for:
We're seeking a Senior Director of Philanthropy based in our Los Angeles headquarters who can embrace the opportunities and demands of this unique, hybrid model -- part private family foundation and part corporate philanthropic arm. Leading a small but mighty team, the Senior Director of Philanthropy will oversee all operations for The Resnick Foundation, The Wonderful Company Foundation, and our employee-facing philanthropic initiatives.
Here's what you'll do:
Oversee The Resnick Foundation and The Wonderful Company Foundation:
- Vet all incoming requests for contributions with key staff and elevate for approval as necessary
- Proactively research and develop giving opportunities for key initiatives and present for approval.
- Lead the A-Z process for all major gifts, which includes working with our inhouse legal and accounting teams, meeting deliverables and deadlines, and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Partner with various business units within The Wonderful Company portfolio to oversee dynamic regional and global grant-making programs.
- Oversee external consultant and grant writers who seek public funding to expand The Wonderful Company initiatives.
Oversee our incredible employee-facing philanthropy initiatives:
- WonderfulGiving: Our one-of-a-kind program empowering each employee to donate company funds to the nonprofit(s) of their choosing, in addition to a more traditional matching program.
- Project Wonderful: An opportunity for our teams to take a break from the normal work routine and give back while having fun with their colleagues.
- Good Neighbor: Assist business units within The Wonderful Company to identify opportunities to improve our community relationships and social impact.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree required; a related graduate degree (JD, MBA) is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years' experience demonstrating ownership and/or leadership in philanthropic advising, working in a corporate or family foundation and/or related experience within government or the nonprofit sector
- A heart for social impact work
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to quickly deliver strong results
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with expert attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to "roll up sleeves" and do whatever it takes
- Ability to travel as domestically and internationally as needed