Growing national not-for-profit seeking experienced Vice President of Philanthropy
Transforming Age is a national not-for-profit organization guided by a singular vision to ?transform the perception of age?. As a network of services, products and partnerships we are dedicated to transforming the perception of age and enhancing the lives of older adults serving over 5,000 seniors nationwide through housing, home and community based services, technology, services to other providers and philanthropy. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President of Philanthropy is a new position on our executive team and will lead the planning, development and implementation of philanthropic strategies and programs, effective communications and public relations activities both internally and externally that support the mission of Transforming Age and its affiliates. The new team member will have the opportunity to develop our philanthropy team from the ground up while building an overall fundraising campaign exceeding $5 million annually.
General Responsibilities Will Include:
- Strategic management and successful support of philanthropy efforts of all Transforming Age affiliates including multiple senior living community foundations and Full Life Care, our community services division;
- Design, implement, and oversee capital campaigns, annual giving, major gifts, planned gifts, estate planning programs and other initiatives;
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donors and prospects to support the growth of our Foundation, major gift giving, grants and special fundraising campaigns;
- Identify new opportunities for comprehensive integrated partnerships, corporate giving support through proactive prospecting as well as ongoing cultivation of Transforming Age?s current major funders;
- Generate seed-funding and program funding for research & development programs, home community based services, low income and affordable housing as well as technology centered opportunities; and
- Create self-sustainable funding model for the resident assistance, employee education, community enhancement and community outreach programs.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- A BA/BS degree from an accredited, four-year college or university and 10+ years of progressively responsible, non-profit Foundation or fundraising experience, including planned giving, major gift programs, capital campaigns and grant writing;
- Long-term care, senior living, higher education and/or healthcare fundraising experience in a company with multiple locations is highly preferred;
- Experience with estate planning, probate, trusts, tax planning for gifts (exclusive of offering legal or tax counsel);
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills, strong leadership and management skills, professional demeanor and a positive attitude;
- Self-motivated, innovative, works independently, multi-tasks, with ability to prioritize work; and
- A professional command, presence and be patient, socially poised, mature, and willing to go the extra mile to gain results.
Transforming Age is a Top 35 senior housing not-for-profit organization committed to improving the lives of older adults through housing, consumer services, technology, philanthropy and business services. With over $150 million in revenues, Transforming Age is rapidly expanding nationally. Within the last four years we have grown from serving just 600 seniors across 3 communities in Seattle to over 5,000 seniors amid 15 communities in Washington, Minnesota and Nebraska, and through our not-for-profit home and community based services organization, . In addition, we are engaged in national anti-ageism advocacy efforts via our forum and provide market research, consulting, development, and management services through our affiliate partner, . The key to our success is our people. Our workplace revolves around our Culture of Excellence embracing our Values of Integrity, Grace, Respect, Innovation and Partnership.
Transforming Age offers a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits which include medical, dental, voluntary vision, disability, life insurance, 403 (b) with company match, paid holidays, and a very generous paid-time off program.