The Vice President of People and Culture develops, leads, and implements strategies that enable all employees to perform their best work so that Jumpstart can build a more equitable education system for young children. This includes leading our diversity, equity and inclusion strategy, strengthening a sense of belonging and community, accelerating the development of innovation capabilities across the organization, and recruiting and developing high performing talent.
- Drive organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy, and measure progress against defined objectives
- Integrate and embed diversity, equity, and inclusion into talent management processes, tools, etc.
- Improve recruitment, development and retention of a high-performing diverse and inclusive workforce
- Oversee and evolve organization culture, practices and norms from the application process to succession planning
- Lead and develop a high functioning team dedicated to Jumpstart’s talent management
- Develop and implement compelling strategic initiatives that position Jumpstart as an employer of choice
- Contribute to Jumpstart’s Leadership Team, bringing a voice, experience and passion for diversity, equity, inclusion and organization culture
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experiencerequired
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy, and kindness
- Experienced professional: at least 7 years of professional experience in successful implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Strategic agility: able to maintain focus on long-term strategy while successfully adapting to changing environments and conditions
- Innovative thinker: can challenge the organization to be curious, question the status quo, and adopt new approaches
- Inspiring and influencing: connects with people in ways that generate enthusiasm and commitment
- Communication: encourages direct and open discussion, and capable of modeling such a style
- Managing change: understands the impact of change and new activity on the wider organization
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national organization with operations in 13 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional programming for preschool children from under-resourced communities and promotes quality early learning for all.
Occasional travel possible to one of more of the following states: AZ, CA, CT, GA, IL, MA, MO, MS, NY, NJ, PA, RI, WA, and Washington DC