Ensures successful operation of branches within the coastal region of Northeast Florida including St. Augustine (serving as its Executive Director), Ponte Vedra Beach, and Fernandina Beach. Key responsibilities include membership, program development, volunteer recruitment, staff supervision, community relations, collaborations, budgeting and fiscal management.
1. Bachelor's degree in human services, business, health sciences or equivalent.
2. Eight or more years of professional experience in the YMCA or another not-for-profit preferred.
3. Five plus years' experience in successfully driving the membership / sales function for an organization.
4. Knowledge and experience in all aspects of branch operations, including staff supervision and development, successful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, volunteerism, facility and property management and sound financial practices.
5. Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
6. YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
1. Provides leadership and support to branch executive directors within own territory to ensure operational and financial targets are met.
2. Identifies potential areas for branch cooperative programming to accomplish YMCA goals, and works with staff groups to develop and implement programs. Assists branch staff in the planning, development and implementation of new program initiatives and activities.
3. In conjunction with Association leadership team, develops annual membership goals and conducts site and branch reviews for evaluation execution.
4. Supports implementation of association-wide strategies to attract, recruit and retain members including innovative marketing strategies, utilizing sales and closing techniques, driving branch engagement and determining training and support needs.
5. Leads operations for the St. Augustine Branch.
6. Responsible for Association’s Sports and Corporate/Community Events initiatives.
7. Develops reports for staff, committees, and senior leadership.
8. Provides staff leadership to assigned committees, teams and events.
9. Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall strategies of the YMCA.
NOTE: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
YMCA Competencies (Organizational Leader):
Relationships: Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community.
Developing Others: Ensures that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Decision-Making: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
Finance: Develops and implements stewardship strategies.
Quality Results: Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Change Capacity: Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to explain organizational opportunities.