As the Vice President of Operations for Women’s Health, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational aspects of services provided across Rochester Regional Health. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, you will ensure stability, quality, growth and financial success of the service line.
At Rochester Regional Health, our compassionate, highly trained medical experts are committed to providing comprehensive care throughout a woman’s life. Four of our hospitals - Rochester General Hospital, Newark-Wayne Hospital, Unity Hospital and United Memorial Medical Center, and nearly 20 outpatient locations throughout the Western New York region provide obstetrics and gynecology services, including urogynecology and gynecologic oncology services.
Our team consists of Physicians, Maternal Fetal Medicine providers, Residents, Certified Midwives, Advanced Practice Providers, Neonatologists, Pediatricians, Social Work, Lactation Consultants, Nurses, Certified Scrub Techs, and Patient-Care Technicians. In 2017, 5,000 deliveries were performed of which 35 percent were C-section births; and 4,500 gynecologic cases were performed. There are several affiliated physician groups both employed and private that provide these services. The Residency Program at Rochester General Hospital which was accredited in 1993 has 16 approved positions and a 100% written board pass rate five years running. Rochester General Hospital is designated as a Level 2 NICU and provides advanced newborn care whereas the other affiliates provide basic newborn care.
Plans are underway to build, renovate and modernize many of our facilities to provide the highest level of patient-centered care possible. The Women's inpatient unit and nurseries at Rochester General Hospital will be relocating to spacious new units with modern features and capabilities by the end of 2020.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Women’s Health
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field, MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as in healthcare operations and leadership, with experience in women’s health field
- Demonstrated experience and success working collaboratively to achieve organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration abilities
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Strategy and Growth. Establishes strategy and yearly performance goals for each division by working collaboratively with respective chairs of departments, hospital leaders and administration. Prepares and presents business case/plans for new initiatives and partners with hospital leadership to ensure service line and capital needs are captured within market/region across all entities.
- Market Forces. Analyzes trends impacting volume, revenues and expenses. Makes recommendations to allow for the service line's continued success; establishes revenue and expense targets; develops and provides objective criteria for measuring existing and new business opportunities. Assists with the development of growth strategies for inpatient and outpatient services. Maintains a thorough understanding of clinical reimbursement, federal and state regulations, and managed care issues. Identifies opportunities to optimize clinical reimbursement and implements new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Administration. Works closely with chairs on issues related to alignment, business development, physician hiring and productivity, contract management, revenue enhancement, capital and operating budgets, including women’s health service line budget development, variance analysis and expense monitoring.
- Quality Assurance. Collaborate with clinical leadership to ensure compliance with RRH quality initiatives; promote continuous quality improvement; ensure optimal patient service and promote ongoing patient satisfaction.
Job ID REQ_88832