US Anesthesia Partners is seeking a Vice President of Operations to join our team in Nevada. Expansion has driven the creation of this exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join the growth-oriented, largest single specialty practice in the US as a Vice President of Operations for Nevada. The candidate will function in this highly visible position as the lead operating executive for the Nevada practice, partnering closely with clinical leaders and the Group Senior Vice President of the West Region. This role will focus on operations management, physician, and customer relationships, integrating of acquired medical practices, expansion of organic growth opportunities and continuous improvement of practice processes.
At its core, the role will lead the daily operations of the Nevada practice, along with the strategic and operational integration of medical practices recently acquired, or in plans to be acquired, by USAP. The position will guide and direct the design and implementation of organization, process, and infrastructure for profitable and sustainable growth of the practice. The successful candidate will report to the Group Senior Vice President (GSVP) and will work closely with other operational management and clinical leaders.
The Vice President of Operations will have a broad set of responsibilities that will encompass the following but not limited to:
- As part of the leadership team, drive operational improvement and change management initiatives across the practice.
- Strategize with senior leadership on any number of initiatives, to include culture, growth, structure, and future of the Nevada practice.
- Manage relationships with hospital and surgery center customers to enhance mutual loyalty and differentiate USAP as a practice of choice.
- Work with physician leaders throughout the practice to support their needs with management of facility relationships, identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, staffing and other operational components.
- Act as lead for integration activities flowing from the national organization’s geographic expansion throughout Nevada, including support for the GSVP Operations with the establishment of governance and supporting structure and processes of acquired groups.
- Work with select physician committees to help bring a new level of rigor, execution, and communication.
- Collaborate closely with other Nevada MSO leaders and staff in Finance, Revenue Cycle Management, HR, Clinical Scheduling, IT, and all other functional areas of operations support.
- Support design and implementation of greater organization, including short- and long-term structures, roles, and staffing, and clinical workforce planning.
- Support the execution of effective board meetings and related governance activities.
- Key resource in planning and supporting alignment, engagement, and integration initiatives.
- Consistently contributes to development of infrastructure and repeatable processes through leadership of specific development initiatives.
- Ability to develop strategies, support initiatives for implementation, measure progress, and be accountable for results.
- Adept at managing numerous senior level relationships in a highly matrixed organization including extensive exposure to board level activities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and support teams.
- Excellent relationship development and management skills with experience internally and externally; acute understanding and appreciation of physician leader/stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility, and engender trust across all levels of an organization.
- Hypothesis driven, with strong analytic skills to identify trends, highlight target areas, support pro forma development, and create/update SWOT analysis.
- Strong emotional intelligence and critical thinking skills.
- Experience managing a multi-million-dollar P&L.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- 3+ years of health care sector leadership experience required, large group/regional practice management experience a plus.
- Healthcare consulting firm experience a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or related process improvement and change management experience a plus.
- Proven track record of generating superior results.
- Experience in entrepreneurial and/or for-profit environment.
For this position, US Anesthesia Partners requires all employees to acknowledge and agree to the terms of the USAP COVID Personal Health & Safety Policy, which includes the requirement that employees working onsite to be vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to accommodations for religious or medical reasons.