The Vice President, Operations is responsible for the overall operational excellence for breast imaging centers within assigned markets (Northeast and Midwest Regions). The position is critical to the company as the Vice President, Operations impacts the long-term viability of the company by ensuring centers within the market provide outstanding patient care, deliver accurate and efficient results to patients, promote team member engagement, mentor current and future leaders, while ensuring revenue and profit growth. Acts as corporate liaison with joint venture partners as primary stakeholder in operating markets. Responsibilities include but not limited to market development, operations, financial performance, staffing, capital budgeting, proforma’s, operational performance, and patient satisfaction, etc.
- Understand, promote and demonstrate cultural alignment of the corporate mission and delivery model; compassion, trust, respect, integrity and accountability as an integral part of the company’s delivery model;
- Effectively handle patient complaints and escalate as appropriate, as evidenced by patient survey scores;
- Oversee procedures and systems to respond to issues and bring them to successful resolutions; follow up to ensure efficacy of the problem management process.
- Ensure MQSA compliance as it relates to tracking, QA/QC and credentials by conducting periodic audits of recordkeeping as needed;
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Oversight of all lease and vendor relationships; work with landlords, strategic partners, vendors, etc. on coordination of services;
- Identify opportunities for consolidation and/or cost savings within market;
- Oversight of relationship between the company and property management companies.
- Absorb regional duties for regions that do not have an assigned Regional Operations Director;
- Organize electronic communications and maintain documents for easy and efficient retrieval;
- Ensure execution of repeatable model playbook across lines, including quality measures;
- Participate and monitor continuous improvement efforts within market;
- Provide support and help establish connection to all available resources from the home office and the contact center.
- Mentor and develop Market Operations Directors and future leaders for the market;
- Create and maintain frequent and open communication and positive relationships with team members as evidenced by surveys and turnover;
- Oversee and support market and center directors in decisions relating to hiring, disciplinary actions, grievance discussions, coaching, development and recommendations of actions and decisions applicable for center staff;
- Assist COO and CMO in orientation of new radiologist partners;
- Conduct and supervise orientation and training for Market and/or Center Directors, covering the company way, promise book and playbook.
- Fiscally responsible for labor budget, supplies budget, revenue targets, profitability targets, patient care goals, turnaround times and cost for procedures;
- Obtain competitive bids for contracts that may offer opportunity for increased financial or customer service gains;
- Review and analyze monthly P&L with Regional and Center Directors and conduct monthly financial reviews with executive leadership;
- Oversight of all operational components including but not limited too;
- Growing same facility revenue growth by optimizing patient volume in coordination with sales and scheduling stakeholders;
- Optimizing scheduling of staff to align with expected patient volumes;
- Driving EBITDA for all regional facilities;
- Analyze market business and develop short and long-term plans for revenue growth (including capital investments) and ensure ROI is achieved;
- Works cross-functionally with Corporate Development and Project Management on the development of the market including acquisitions, mergers, new operations both denovo and acquisition.
- Understand the competitive environment, including marketplace, industry competition and regulatory environment to ensure company is competitive in the marketplace.
- Build positive, professional relationships with members of the community;
- Coordinate with radiologist partners to support business needs;
- Create an environment that fosters collaboration and professionalism within the market;
- Use reward and recognition fairly to motivate and inspire;
- Create an environment that fosters and supports company promise book values; compassion, trust, integrity, respect and accountability.
- Minimum of ten years of healthcare industry experience required, preferably with management of multi-modality radiology operations;
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience preferred;
- MBA Preferred;
- Knowledge of database software and RIS software, PACS preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to present information and financials to executive level and physician partners;
- Previous P&L responsibility;
- Experience with Joint Commission Accreditation;
- Experience with hospital joint ventures preferred;
- Location preference: Northeast Corridor/ Philadelphia area
- Willingness to travel required;
- Strong desire to serve the internal and external customer;
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills;
- Energetic and flexible;
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through;
- Works well in a fast-paced environment;
- Well organized and detail oriented;
- Exhibits sound judgment;
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations;
- Forms strong working relationships within the team and physicians;
- Ongoing learner; exhibits insatiable curiosity and an interest in self-improvement.