Interested in working for the industry leader? Interested in having a substantial stake in an employee- owned firm? Looking to move into a corporate management role? Currently, we are seeking a Vice President of Operations to join the RJN family. This is an exciting opportunity for a high performing manager wanting to advance their career from middle management to the next level.
The Vice President of Operations reports directly the Chief Executive Officer and drives strategic initiatives to ensure the proper operational controls, procedures, equipment, processes, and personnel are in place to effectively grow a sustaining and successful organization.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the role through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, consistent with the company’s vision and core values.
• Implementation of strategic initiatives in accordance with the adopted mission, vision and core values of RJN
• Oversight of engineering design, professional services and field inspection service offerings ensuring consistency across regional offices
• P&L management of corporate support departments; oversight of task forces and committees;
• Develop and analyze financial performance metrics to ensure budgetary compliance, cash flow, and profitability goals are met throughout operating units
• Design and implement business practices, processes, policies and standard operating procedures throughout the organization
• Evaluate financial and legal risks; review and approve proposals, pricing and contracts; oversee insurance and bonding requirements
• Drive service diversity and geographic expansion growth strategies
• Coordinate resource sharing across operating regions top increase utilization and staff shortages
• Interface with human resources on training, career development programs, employee issues, and policies
• Attract, recruit and retain top talent
• Drive project execution and delivery to fulfill client and internal performance expectations
• Manage quality assurance and quality control programs for engineering design and field services
• Develop, implement and measure the effectiveness of operational systems, processes, work flows, and strategies to improve operational efficiency, quality and production
• Implement internal and 3rd party software applications into operations services
Minimum Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or technical degree from an accredited institution
• 15 years of experience in operations and project management with P&L experience overseeing operating units or departments within the public sector or municipality arena
• Strong leadership and organizational management with experience building high performance teams
• Previous experience within a client-centric consulting or professional services firm
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, managing competing demands and finding solutions
• Collaborative and engaging communicator with the ability to work across all levels of the organization, with clients and other business partners
• Technology savvy
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Master’s degree or MBA in Engineering, or technical degree from an accredited institution
• 20 years of experience in operations and project management with P&L experience overseeing operating units or departments in the municipal wastewater, water or stormwater disciplines
• Experience within the municipal water, wastewater and stormwater industries
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: Typical office environment requirements.
• Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
• Personal Protective Equipment: None required in office.