You’ve built an impressive career already, and now you’re looking for the next logical step. When you join XPO Logistics, you’ll have the resources to build a future you can be proud of. As the Vice President of Operations with the focus on packaging, you will be responsible to facilitate and support the building out of a sustainable packaging team while maintaining high standards for all activities within the facility(s). You will ensure that the quality management system procedures and processes are implemented and maintained.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Implement and maintain operations processes and procedures primarily within the packaging functional area, reporting on performance, and initiating improvements for operations
- Establish and meet site(s) objectives in the areas of financial performance, safety, quality, and customer service in compliance with all applicable internal and external policies
- Provide accurate and timely submission of key quality, financial, and safety reports
- Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate
- Coordinate site(s) activities through planning with departmental directors, managers and supervisors to insure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in supply chain management in a supply chain or distribution environment
- Solid leadership and experience in the distribution packaging vertical
- Demonstrated planning, project management, problem-solving techniques, and analytical skills; able to partner and communicate with all levels of an organization from hourly associates to senior management, as well as with customer contacts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Ability totravelup to 75% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- MBA or other advanced degreepreferred
- Engineering experience
- Experience in an ISO environment