We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead the Operations Team as Vice President Operations. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for leading and directing current and future manufacturing sites.. The position will be critical as we scale our company and add additional Mission Bio’s products to our portfolio. This role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer / SVP, Operations.
This is a new senior level leadership position that will guide the successful growth of Mission Bio. We are looking for a talented leader that will oversee the day-to-day administrative and operational functions to ensure the successful expansion of our dynamic company. The VP of Operations role will be key in designing operational strategies along with implementing and executing Mission Bio’s business strategy and operational goals. Other responsibilities:
- Meet financial, operational, product and business growth goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute a roadmap for building manufacturing operations both internally and externally through outside CMO’s compliant with applicable quality system requirements
- Provide leadership and direction to the manufacturing organization. Create and execute an operations management system.
- Oversee the workforce planning required to build a talent pipeline for sustained growth and profitability with senior level executives. Transition operations into a high performing team.
- Lead integration of new products and projects across current sites by initiating and executing strong project management skills, using standard metrics
- Supervise automation, including the design, development, optimization, and scale-up of high-complexity assays
- Collaborate with software engineering in the specification and development of software systems in support of the laboratory technology platform(s) and provide user requirements to the software design team
- Act as operations representative for regulatory interactions that include FDA/CLIA/CAP etc.
- Plan and manage departmental budgets, including long-term planning and actual performance within target
- Align resources (leaders and operators) with capacity to ensure that the company is positioned for growth
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement in the areas of coast, quality, service and manufacturing best practices.
What’s Required (QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably a Master of Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment is essential
- Prior roles in leading and managing teams and projects in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated experience as a resourceful problem solver with business acumen
- Preference will be given to candidates that have an interest and familiarity in sciences 15+ years of experience in Operations in the diagnostics industry, including the development of products from concept to commercial launch and scale-up
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally and collaboratively with multiple groups, including R&D, Clinical Laboratory, Regulatory, Quality, and Commercial to successful product launch and other organizations
- Strong leadership experience managing direct reports and influencing in a matrix environment
- Willingness to work at all levels to support team goals and able to manage and motivate a diverse work group
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage departmental budgets, including long-term planning
- Results-oriented with proven track record for meeting or exceeding goals
- Highly collaborative and leads by example with a servant leadership model
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and engage to resolve day-to-day issues
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and effectively within a multidisciplinary organization particularly biology focused on microscopic organisms and mechanical engineering