Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
11 - 15 years
Posted 86 days ago
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for the overall management and strategic planning of the Division’s Construction, Homeowner Services, and Purchasing Department. Ensures consistency of execution of construction processes in order to produce efficient and profitable results as well to minimize losses, resulting in the meeting or exceeding of assigned goals and objectives. Monitors construction costs; evaluates and improves product design; serves as the lead person between construction, Homeowner Services and Purchasing, to align processes and drive efficient and effective homebuilding practices. Essential responsibilities will include the following.
- Responsible for driving quality and customer satisfaction.
- Work with Divisions to become operationally excellent.
- Work within the Division to ensure new community openings.
- Manage Production Planners and construction scheduling.
- Drive home production accuracy and expedite cycle time through Build Pro.
- Oversee the Purchasing Department to ensure bid process are followed and contracts are complete prior to opening new communities.
- Oversee Purchasing Department to ensure construction details are incorporated within the scope of work on all vendor contracts.
- Foster and drive collaboration among all departments within the Division; responsible for tying all disciplines together effectively.
- Integrate and drive collaboration among the Division to achieve highest levels of quality.
- Responsible for driving customer satisfaction.
- Coach, evaluate, and supervise all Associates directly reporting to Operations.
Preferred candidate will have a bachelor's degree from four-year College or university preferably in construction management or related discipline; advance degree a plus. Minimum of 10 years of high volume (production builder) residential construction in a large corporate environment preferably with a top 10 national builder with a proficiency in construction and a high level understanding of how construction, purchasing, architecture and quality are linked to together to achieve efficient and effective construction practices.