PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20 %
- Provides leadership to assigned areas in a manner that encourages our intensely collaborative work culture. Provide timely feedback to their directors and create a climate for growth and development doing timely performance appraisals and mentoring. (EF)
- Works closely with medical staff leadership in order to meet quality and strategic goals. Actively participate in assigned medical staff meetings, and follows through with activities.(EF)
- Attracts, recruits, and retains top talent and motivates employee team. Assesses and sets staffing needs at levels that are adequate and efficient. (EF)
SERVICE - 20 %
- Attends Board of Trustees meetings and provides the Board with reports and updates in their particular areas of responsibility. (EF)
- Drives change and adoption of initiatives that support organizational goals through effective partnership with key constituent groups. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20 %
- Will serve as the hospital’s Business Practice Officer. Will develop a robust Business Practice Program and will be responsible for its implementation and communication. Works closely with system program and is the hospital’s representative on the system governance structure.(EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.(EF)
FINANCE - 20 %
- Participates in the annual strategic planning process of the hospital and will help establish the overall strategic plan and the appropriate operating and capital budgets to meet the plan.(EF)
- Develops and maintains resource plans to support achievement of business objectives. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20 %
- Responsible for Cancer and Neuroscience Service Line Planning and Development. Will develop plan with appropriate hospital and system staff and will be responsible for implementing strategies in line with the hospital’s overall strategic plan.
- Seeks out professional growth opportunities and individual networking to positively represent Houston Methodist and gather benchmarking/trend data. (EF)
- Develops and implements new ideas and best practices and seeks innovative ways to enhance clinical and business operations. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible experience. Five of these years must have involved managerial responsibility.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Current TX RN license or appropriate license, if in clinical leadership role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Knowledge of organizational strategies and operational objectives.
- Knowledge of the industry and impact of the department on overall objectives.
- Skill in coaching, counseling and developing others.
- Knowledge of management principles, process and procedures.
- Skilled in team building, team participation, and achieving organizational success.
- Strategic thinker, insightful decision maker.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.