Hotel Equities is an award-winning hotel ownership, development and management company. We seek a dynamic, highenergy, hands-on and results driven Vice President of Operations to lead our growing hotel portfolio in Canada. Hotel Equities offer a winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
The Vice President of Operations role is a remote position based in Canada. The salary compensation will be based onexperience.
This individual is responsible for overall growth and financial success of our expanding hotel portfolio. The Vice President of Operations will work closely with and oversee Regional Directors of Operations and indirectly supervise property levelGeneral Managers to meet or exceed the strategic goals of the organization. This position is responsible for the overall financial results of each property, as well as the development and execution of strategies that support, strengthen and grow the quality of customer service, efficiency and profitability of each of our hospitality assets. The successful candidate willalso be responsible for overall property maintenance and brand compliance and report directly to corporate ownership.
- Supervise a group of complex, full and select service assets and provide leadership in the oversight of a group of hotels in an effort to help the owner achieve their financial goals.
- Work with property-based and corporate support teams to drive property revenue in the following areas: group, transient and base room revenue; food and beverage revenue, and all other sources of income for the property.
- Focus on outperforming the comp set in RevPAR and delivering maximum revenue potential for each hotel.
- Work with property-based and corporate support teams to ensure proper controls are in place to achieve budgeted forecast GOP and to meet or exceed flow-thru targets when revenue is either above or below budget and/or forecast
- Ensure the GM and property-based leaders are properly preserving the assets ensuring cleanliness and condition arehigh as well as proper preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Assist in overseeing annual operating plan process, reviewing and approving all components of plan before presentation to the owner.
- Interact with ownership group, staying proactive and responding when necessary; Instill confidence in our owners.
- Review and respond to company roll-up performance reports, congratulating those who met or exceeded the expectation and diving into those properties where the results are less than acceptable.
- Develop further operation acumen, leadership, work approach and emotional intelligence skills in each of the hotel's GM's.
- Develop solutions that will positively affect our overall performance and/ or efficiency.
- Participate with business development on certain owner presentations, providing operational expertise to the underwriting discussion.
- Provide counsel to managers around the integration of our culture at all levels in our properties.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-10 years of Hotel General Management experience
- Experience working with Hilton, Marriott, and IHG branded hotels
- Experience with directly overseeing large, complicated full-service hotels and resorts; Leadership and organizational development
- Possess superior communication skills, oral and written
- Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required
- Self-motivated, well organized, and results driven professional.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Travel up to 75% of time