Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
The VP of Operations for the North East Region, is the key partner to the Google Food Team for strategy, program development, financial management, opening new business, and defining a culture of excellence in the service and experience of the operation. Specifically, this position oversees all culinary, cafe, food spot, catering and warehouse operations. The role also oversees the support functions, such as procurement, human resources, accounting and both workplace and food safety. Identifies, motivates, trains, develops and directs managers to deliver exceptional results and accomplish goals and projects.
The great things you will be expected to do:
- Responsible for the overall safe, efficient and appropriate management of operations
- Is a key stakeholder with our partner and all teams to operationalize the food program
- Supports the overarching strategic vision for the account, then develops and transposes the strategic vision into the region
- Drives a culture of excellence throughout the business
- Has a passion for quality food preparation and taste
- Drives performance measures for the operation with a consideration for efficiency versus effectiveness
- Create, lead and champion an exceptional workplace culture, spanning both the Google vision and our Compass Competencies
- Monitors and manages all financialresponsibilities within agreed ranges
- Implement and monitor structures for the reporting and collection of operational data; analysis of the data for ongoing improvement in operational and financial performance
- Establishes and maintains a data driven approach to decision making, balancing the use of qualitative and quantitative information
- Finds new/quicker ways of meeting goals, shows conviction in own judgement and decisions andresponds quickly under pressure
- Minimum of four (4) years college education; Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant or Business Management. A graduate degree in business or a related hospitality area preferred. Or a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in place of a high pedigree.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience supervising senior managers
- Multi-unit restaurant or hotel experience a must
- Ability to take complex business issues or initiatives and apply creative problem solving or strategies for timely implementation
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the organization
- Strong passion for great food and hospitality
- A proven track record as an innovative and financially responsible manager
- Experience in R/D, operations, or concept development a plus
- A proven track record of leadership
- Proven industry contacts and relationships that can be leveraged in networking and recruitment of other team members
- Proven ability to enhance profitability, sustainability and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy
- Proven coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams
- Ability to speak and present effectively in a group setting to Associates, Managers and our partner and represent the Google Food Brand
- Maintain a positive attitude under pressure and motivate team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.