Global accountability for all Manufacturing and Supply Chain performance, processes and procedures. Responsible for leading a multi-site, multi-language operations team to achieve manufacturing, quality and financial performance objectives.
- Achieve operational objectives as outlined in the Operations KPI's.
- Define/implement & drive ongoing cost reduction and continuous improvement programs.
- Evaluate and develop manufacturing capability as required to support business needs, in the sites and regions that make business sense.
- Manage all operational expenditures and deliver gross margin performance in line with approved budgets.
- Provide effective leadership and support to the operations team, ensuring all personnel have adequate tools and resources needed to perform their job effectively
- Complete performance appraisals for all direct reports on an annual basis, establishing clear goals and objectives in line with overall company goals and objectives.
- Identify, assess and manage/oversee production transfers and/or site consolidations as may be approved by the board of directors.
- Continually assess and initiate sub-assembly and/or product transfers to lower-cost sites or sources.
- Work w/and thru Sourcing and PLMs on VA/VE activities to reduce BOM costs.
- Support acquisition due diligence and integration activities as required.
- Provide leadership around identifying and implementing global productivity improvement measures.
- Discrete Manufacturing (Automotive/Truck/Bus Tier 1 or 2 experiencepreferred)
- 10-15 years progressive operations management experience with strong experience / background in all related disciplines.
- (5+ years operations consulting experience ideal)
- Demonstrated ability to manage sites/people remotely plus the ability to lead/manage change are critical skills for the position.
- Experience with international (US, Mexico, Europe) manufacturing operations advantageous.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management or related field
- Strong leadership abilities with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on management style.
- Team player with the ability to communicate with all members of the company.
- The ability to persuade and influence at all levels in the organisation.
- Results & action oriented and resilient, with demonstrable evidence of initiative.
- Strong organisational & project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Regional candidates preferred
COO Needed - Our client, a private equity owned manufacturer in Dallas, TX. Is looking for a VP Ops or COO. This is a Lean discrete manufacturing operation with locations in the US, Mexico, and Europe. They are growing organically and through acquisition (US and Europe). If you or someone you know may be interested, please send resumes to email@example.com or apply through our external link below.
Link to external application site: