The VP of Operations will have proven experience in leadership and management with an established Managed Services organization. This position requires a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” and get involved attitude. The post requires an intimate knowledge of a client services/managed services/help desk and professional services division. This role will focus on strategic planning and goal-setting, and direct the operations of the company in support of its goals.
Duties and Responsibilities of the job:
- Leadership and management responsibility for Operation Managers and Team Leads across departments, providing them with direction on staffing, goal and objective setting and achievement, performance management and determination of further team and/or individual training and development needs
- Foster a culture aimed at accountability, employee engagement, continuous improvement and empowerment to fully utilize all tools and talent to meet the needs of the customers and the business objectives of the organization.
- Strategize, design and implement key initiatives and programs to advance corporate objectives and increase team and team member capabilities in support of core client responsibilities
- Promote and leverage strong consensus building skills and be a creative idea generator with the confidence and persuasiveness required to sell innovative ideas
- Develop and direct the management of the operations team to ensure customer satisfaction, improved efficiency, increased revenue through promotional programs and improved employee product knowledge and training.
- Assess present transactional capability; develop strategic plans for long-term, scalable capabilities including: Customer facing business and process programs and initiatives, eligibility, order conversion and managing the transactional process flow, Customer insights ownership, and overall end user performance and issue management
- Perform analysis of complex issues and effectively present business cases for new initiatives that enhance customer satisfaction or drive additional profit and revenue
- Ensure that all operational systems are continuously evaluated for proper operation, relevance and utilization.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Participate in vendor negotiations to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency.
- Assign responsibilities, develop functional roles and oversee operations to ensure that the organizational vision is carried out.
- Interface with R&D, professional services, product management, sales, executive leaders etc. to build and maintain effective working relationships between support and other functions.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration or a related field. MBA preferred.
Experience and Training:
- 15+ years customer support experience with a proven success record working for top-tier software and managed services business solutions organizations serving enterprise customers
- 7+ years of management experience in a managed services and global support environment
- Highly developed organizational, planning and management writing skills and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated experience and focus on the delivery of exceptional customer service experiences through a comprehensive consultative, relationship building approach
- Experience developing KPI and implementing these metrics to improve employee efficiency
- Proven track record of Practical application of Lean / Six Sigma principles within a Services organization
- Proven track record of developing and leading an effective operational team in a financial services organization. High energy and a commitment to doing excellent work
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance teams and by effectively working as a partner with other executives and stakeholders.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict< resolution skills
Contact with Others
- All levels of management, including C-Level, Business Unit leadership and team members of the Finance & Accounting department
This position will be exposed to extremely confidential information and discretion is paramount. A confidentiality, non-compete, and non-solicitation agreement will be required.
- Facilitate and assist in team member off-boarding process during termination actions
- In the case of transitioning to or from a Manager role, ensure the transition steps in the “Manager-Manager Transition Checklist” are completed in a timely manner.