The Vice President of Operations will serve as an integral role within the Soccer Holdings executive team while working strategically within the organization to execute all Club operations including Football, Academy, game day, building, and facility maintenance. This position will report to the President of Business Operations and act as a liaison between the Club and the USL/NWSL on league-wide initiatives. The Vice President of Operations provides support to the President of Business Operations and President of Football Operations by implementing, communicating, and managing operational policies and procedures for the Club.
- Provides guidance and leadership through decision-making and resource management.
- Develops and monitors the operations budget; forecasts funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures; implements adjustments as necessary.
- Assists and supports the Club’s President of Business Operations and President of Football Operations in developing operational initiatives and development.
- Maintains ongoing communication with teams, back office, and third-party vendors to ensure operational needs are consistently and accurately met.
- Identifies and resolves any logistical/operational issues; communicates updated processes & procedures to necessary staff members.
- Supports the strategic direction of the Club by managing and executing operational goals.
- Oversight of the Club’s operational functions include, but are not limited to:
Manages the duties of Team Administrators for Louisville City FC and Racing Louisville FC. These duties include:
- Providing support and assistance to the coaching staff for both teams.
- Performing team administration duties including overseeing the team operations budget.
- Managing team schedules, logistics, travel, housing, and communication with players and staff.
- Working closely with team equipment managers to ensure fulfillment of proper inventory and equipment.
- Oversees player relocations and other team activity in the market.
- Manage and coordinates visiting team travel needs.
Coordinates with Academy Directors on the operational needs for the Youth Academy, including:
- Organization of all Youth Leagues and Rosters; ensuring proper documentation and payment processes are followed.
- Identifying appropriate leagues and events for youth players.
- Overseeing the scheduling of youth team training, games, officials, and maintaining facility schedules.
- Communicating with Academy Directors to ensure proper inventory of team apparel is maintained.
- Overseeing the Youth Academy budget as it pertains to Club travel, equipment, apparel, and other needs.
- Maintains & develops close relationship with ECNL and affiliate partners to manage requirements.
- Sanctioning events & tournaments to determine logistics, marketing, and payment.
Responsible for the overall management, maintenance, and upkeep of stadium & training grounds in conjunction with the Club’s operational partner, ASM Global, who directly oversees:
- Staffing stadium operational positions including full-time, part-time, seasonal, and matchday staff.
- Management of the Club’s third-party concessionaires.
- Management of playing surfaces including grass and synthetic turf for both facilities.
- Ensures cleanliness of both facilities and parking lot maintenance.
Provide operational oversight for league and facility game day requirements.
- Observes, manages, and enhances game day operating policy and procedures.
- Work with ASM Global and third-party vendors to ensure obligations are fulfilled.
- Serves as a liaison between back office, team staff, and stadium management to coordinate game day script and promotional requirements.
- 5+ years managing operations; preferably in a hospitality or stadium setting with a proven successful track record in achieving operational goals and generating revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Ability to manage effectively and provide guidance and leadership.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to learn additional business systems.
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to lead and manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through.
- Communicates effectively & professionally with management, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
- Experience managing departmental budget and resources.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Passionate about earning the respect of our staff members & fans every single day.
- Successful completion of pre-employment comprehensive background check.
- Must be legally authorized or able to obtain authorization to work in the US.
The information contained in this job description is not exhaustive of all the duties and responsibilities, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. At the discretion of management, duties and responsibilities may change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons at any time.
Soccer Holdings, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law.