Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
Corizon Health has an opening for a Vice President of Operations of Arizona to join our executive leadership team based out of our regional Office in Tempe, AZ.
Qualifications of the Vice President of Operations (Arizona).
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field required. MHA, MBA, or comparable postgraduate degreepreferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of management experience in a healthcare setting if Master's prepared. Minimum of eight (8) years of management experience in a healthcare setting if Bachelor's prepared
- Multi-site healthcare management experiencerequired
- Strong analytical and financial acumen required
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; ability to prioritize and align others to vision
- High client service orientation
- Correctional healthcare experience a plus but not required
- Willingness to "roll up sleeves" and evaluate operations first-hand, applies thoughtful judgment and problem solving skills. Demonstrates maturity, credibility and self-confidence to function effectively in demanding environment as a balance of both strategic and hands-on leader
- Expert in operating Windows Office Suite applications and ability to learn computer applications
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements
The Vice President Operations (VPO) is ultimately accountable for the delivery of Corizon's healthcare services within an assigned region and contract(s). The VPO works collaboratively with Corizon's operational and corporate leadership in order to determine, implement, and manage the strategic direction and plan for their region. In conjunction with executive medical leadership, the VPO is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective clinical quality oversight for their assigned region. The VPO negotiates contract terms, amendments, and extensions and is the proactive leader with development of new bids- proactively identifying potential business opportunities and participating in the pursuit of new contracts and clients. Travels within the regions and to corporate office as required based upon business need.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Vice President of Operations (Arizona)
- Serves as the primary strategic, operational leader with clients' key senior-level team to ensure client satisfaction and continued business opportunities.
- Will work with lobbying teams to ensure goals and priorities are carried out for Corizon Health and our partners.
- Ensures regional resources are directed accordingly for implementation of client contractsupport and personnel programs.
- In conjunction with medical leadership, implements and systematically monitors clinical quality oversight. Also develops processes to demonstrate success, best practices to the current clients, future clients, bid process, legislators, etc. Will also develop in conjunction with medical leadership action plans to demonstrate improvements in expected areas of operations.
- Participates in marketing and sales process by providing operational input on staffing development, proforma and proposal development, as well as bid conferences and presentations. Markets Corizon contract services on an on-going basis. Responsible for public relations within the region including interfacing with government officials providing testimony at legislative hearings and organizations. Will obtain progress reports from active lobbyists within area of operations on a weekly/monthly/annual basis.
- Reviews and analyzes the financialreports for the region and takes corrective action as needed. Oversees regional budgeting and leads operational planning processes to include staffing, revenue, offsite services, pharmacy, medical supplies, other COSP and CERs. Implements a contractaudit program and assures that audits are conducted at each site at least bi-annually thru a variety of reviews
- Ensures that each assigned region submits timely and accurate reports to the client and Corporate Office. Prepares a monthly summary of the status of the region's operations. Proactively monitors labor management and takes appropriate corrective action, ensuring staffing is maintained consistent with contract requirements. Will also develop, maintain and deliver a monthly Client Report, annual report of Client Satisfaction survey using various support departments to aid in this requirement.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Provider Contracting activities are reflective of clinical/program services identified by client contract.
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition sets strategic plan and direction for operations recruitment, maintaining and monitoring effective selection and retention practices.
- Consistently and systematically identifies high performing management team, actively planning for their development, promotion and succession planning. Provides mentoring and coaching to direct reports in order to fortify management and supervisory skills across the Company.
- Conducts special projects as requested by Corporate Office. Actively participates as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). Serves as the Corizon information resource during contract negotiations. Ensures that each facility in assigned area is visited regularly by Regional management.
- Will participate in regularly scheduled updates with the Corizon leadership team on an individual and group basis as requested.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Compensation Manager
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding.